Initial screen on LK202-25-GW-V

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

Pirre
LCD?

Post by Pirre »

Hey guys

My lcd is working great together with my control bay under the floppy, GPO connected to leds etc ...

http://users.skynet.be/pirre/case.html

I'm wondering how I can change the initial status of my display and GPO's during boot ...

now some GPO's are on some are off
and the display says matrix orbital lcd -
LK202-25-GW-V

I wanna put all GPO's on, leds on :smile:
and a display like please wait - system booting
how can I do that ?

thanks in advance

cheers

jleach
LCD Geek

Post by jleach »

There is a program called change.zip on http://www.matrixorbital.com/downloads.htm that should let you change the intro screen. It says it works with LK202-25's. As far as the initial state of the GPO's, I believe you're out of luck as to an easy fix.

jacklord
LCD?

Post by jacklord »

LCDC lets you choose GPO status for start and exit.

Pirre
LCD?

Post by Pirre »

yes LCDC let me choose that but that AFTER the pc has booted and LCDC was loaded ....

I need to know how to set GPO's during boot time, before LCDC is loaded

jacklord
LCD?

Post by jacklord »

You can set up LCDC as a service. Then it will start during Windows boot, before log-in.
See LCDC forums for details.

jleach
LCD Geek

Post by jleach »

LCDC doesn't actually run as a service. You can use other software like AtYourService or FireDaemon to make it kinda run as a service but it still won't start 'till Windows is pretty much up and running.

As far as setting the state of the GPO's when the display is first powered on I believe you're out of luck. I know with my display (an LK204-25PC) some of the GPO's are on and some are off when I power it up and that's just the way it is.