EGLK19264A-7T-USB-YG-PL (transmittive or transflective?)

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

fmcard
LCD?

EGLK19264A-7T-USB-YG-PL (transmittive or transflective?)

Post by fmcard »

Dear all,

First af all, I apologize for my bad English.
I'm interested in the USB Enclosure Series. I would like to easily read them also in full sunlight without the backlight switched on.
I'm wondering if the EGLK19264A-7T-USB-YG-PL (or maybe the EGLK19264A-7T-USB-FGW-PL) are transflective, so that I can read them easily in a sunlight situation.

What about the character only versions: ELK204-7T-USB-GW-PL and ELK204-7T-USB-YG-PL?

Thank you very mutch

Tino
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Re: EGLK19264A-7T-USB-YG-PL (transmittive or transflective?)

Post by Tino »

Hi fmcard,

Thank you for posting on our forums.

The EGLK19264A-7T-USB-YG-PL and EGLK19264A-7T-USB-FGW-PL are both transflective. As are the LK204-7T-USB-GW-PL and ELK204-7T-USB-YG-PL.

If you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to ask.
Thank you
Martino
Martino DeLeon
Matrix Orbital
Technical Support Representative

fmcard
LCD?

Post by fmcard »

Dear Tino,
thank you very mutch for your answer.
I'm a newbie in LCD, could you please confirm me that these transflective LCD can be easily read with the backlight off?
Could you also suggest me witch is the more easily readable with the backlight off? YG, FGW or GW?
I would also apreciate if you could suggest me the less current consuming with backlight off.

Thank you again.

Tino
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Tino »

Hi fmcard,

Yes they are easy to see with the backlight off.

I would recommend the -YG for viewing with the backlight off. Also the LK204-7T-1U Draws the least current.
You find this information for both units in their manuals below:

LK204-7T-1U:
http://www.matrixorbital.ca/manuals/LK_ ... 2.0%29.pdf
GLK19264A-7T-1U:
http://www.matrixorbital.ca/manuals/GLK ... 2.0%29.pdf

Thank you
Have a great weekend!
Martino
Martino DeLeon
Matrix Orbital

fmcard
LCD?

Post by fmcard »

Dear Tino,

thank you again for your answer.
About the current comsumtion, I noticed an inconsistency between the "USB enclosure" datasheet:
http://www.matrixorbital.ca/manuals/ELK ... -7T-1U.pdf
and the detailed manual of the GLK19264A-7T-1U (that I suppose to be the LCD module in the USB enclosure):

In the first it is said that for the EGLK19264A-7T-1U there is a board comsumption of 45 mA plus 100 mA for the YG backlight.
In the second there is a board comsumption of 165 mA plus 45-65 mA for the backlight.

Which of them is the right one? Is there something that I can't understand? I have to develop a battery-driven notebook based system in which I have to share an USB port between different instruments, so that I have to be sure of the power comsumption of each of them.

Thank you again,

fmcard

Tino
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Tino »

Hi fmcard,

My apologies for the confusion. The information in the GLK19264A-7T-1U (2.0) manual is correct. You can find this here:

Thank you for bringing the inconsistency in the two manuals. I have forwarded this information on to have the manual corrected.

Again I apologize for the confusion.
Thank you
Tino
Martino DeLeon
Matrix Orbital

fmcard
LCD?

Post by fmcard »

Dear Tino,

I have another little question about the Usb enclosure series: How long is it the USB cable?

I have also another little problem: I'm trying to buy the EGLK19264A-7T-USB-YG-PL here from Italy to use it in an official scientific research project (It would be used as the main control unit for a complex portable scientific instrument to be used in artic and antartic). As I am a State employee I can't easily buy directly from USA, so that I tried with Mauser that is an official Matrix Orbital distributor.
They have said me that they have not your product in stock, and that if I order it I have to wait 4-6 for your lead time plus 2-4 week for the shipment! Do you really think that you will need 4-6 weeks to give the EGLK to Mauser? I really can't wait so mutch for the LCD!!! :-(

Thank you again,

fmcard

Tino
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Tino »

Hi fmcard,

You can order directly from us. The lead time would be about one week and then however long it will take in transit.

Also the USB cable is about six feet long.

For sales inquiries you can visit our website here:
http://www.matrixorbital.com/

Or email our sales department with questions at sales@matrixorbital.ca or http://www.matrixorbital.com/contact_us.php

Thank you
Martino
Martino DeLeon
Matrix Orbital

fmcard
LCD?

Post by fmcard »

Dear Tino,

I would like very mutch to buy your LCD directly by you. I will try to send at your sales office all the documents that they would had to sign to sell this unique LCD to us. Tipically no one wants to loose two hours of time on documents to sell a single component, but I will try also this! :-)
If any official way to buy your LCD will be ok for my administration, I will invest some money of mine... just to don't made crazy by bureaucracy! ;-)

A technical question, just to be not completely offtopic... for the EGLK there are commands to "move" the cursor on a specific position, and a lot of othere very interesting commands. But is there a specific command to write text or I have to simply send the ascii string to the COM port?

Thank you again,

fmcard

Tino
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Tino »

Hi fmcard,

With the EGLK you have a couple options as to how you would like to write text. You can set up a Text window or create a label.

With a Text window all you have to do is send the character string you would like to write and it will write to the screen.
However with a Label you will need to send the "Update Label" command to write to the label.

Thank you for posting.
Martino
Martino DeLeon
Matrix Orbital

Tino
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Tino »

Hi fmcard,

You can also cause characters to appear on the screen by sending the ascii values to the screen.

Thank you
Martino
Martino DeLeon
Matrix Orbital