Can I make a baybus out of a graphic LCD? **NOT LK204-25-PC

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

psykik
LCD!

Post by psykik »

I want to use a the best MO graphic LCD available and make it into a baybus. I do not like the LCD on the LK204-25-PC, I want a better one. What is your reccomendation of doing this?

thanks

linear
evil Dr. linear
evil Dr. linear

Post by linear »

Any LCD with GPOs can be made into a fan controller, it just requires some additional circuitry. Some cheap transistors is all it takes actually.

Here's a diagram:

My only change would be to use a bigger transistor such as TIP31 in place of the 2N3904, which will allow you to switch a 3A current instead of a crummy 200mA.

Edit: Also, make sure not to omit that clamping diode. It's protecting the transistor from current transients, and your circuitry may not survive long without it (depending what transistor you select). It's basically cheap insurance

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: linear on 2002-05-09 08:07 ]</font>

WhyPush
LCD Geek

Post by WhyPush »

Linear, have you ever built this circuit? Do you have pics of it? I'm new to hobby electronics and was wondering how the GPO would hook into it.

Yes, I'm REALLY a noob to electronics. :wink:
---------------<br>
WhyPush<br>
WhyPush.com

linear
evil Dr. linear
evil Dr. linear

Post by linear »

Well, (whisper) I'm collaborating with infamous cheese on a guide (/whisper).

Stay tuned to BiT-Tech. I've got a couple idea to take this to the next level.

psykik
LCD!

Post by psykik »

Guys Im not an electronic wizz, i dont have the savvy of designing my own pcbs or circuits, i just like the way they look. Can I buy something off the shelf that can do the job?

thanks