How to use buttons to navigate in Python?

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

elhho11
LCD?

How to use buttons to navigate in Python?

Post by elhho11 »

Hi All,

I have a GLK19264-7T-1U and I have read through the AppNotes for the Python language but am still lost as to how to code the buttons to scroll up and down using Python as the coding language. I am not familiar with C++ or any of the other languages so looking at those AppNotes have not been very helpful for me.

If anyone can help I am willing to learn! If you have any examples I would love to see them since I learn best from examples.

Thank you for help help!
Eric

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hi Eric,

I'm glad you've had a look at the Python AppNote as it has most of the groundwork laid for a menu structure, unfortunately, you'll have to write a little more code.

You'll probably want access to the key read, so you might modify that function to return a value or alter one passed to it. A type of switch statement may then be used to determine the action to take based on the key press. The main program will probably poll the unit continually for a key press. Finally, you'll update the screen with a new bitmap or text strings based on the key press.

I hope you can understand that we have made the GLK19264-7T-1U as easy to use as possible, and I will look at expanding the Python AppNote in the future, but we have to leave something for the developer to do.

Thanks,
Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital