LK162-12-WB Text?

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

Neztik
LCD?

LK162-12-WB Text?

Post by Neztik »

Everything was going great. I then downloaded uProject to play around with the settings. Now all text is gone from boot up. Bacllight on and off respond. Contrast works. Absolutely nothing I do will display text any longer?

Is it possible i wiped the config and made the device useless with uProject?

The display appears to be fine. With the contrast all the way up it has bright white blocks on a blue background. Not sure what I did to cause this type of behavior.

I have tried the default 126 contrast. Tried 3/4 jumper. I have communication back and forth.

Anything I can do short of buying another one?

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hi Neztik,

If you are able to send characters to your display after it boots but your start screen no longer contains any information, you may have wiped your start screen. You might consider using a tool such as boot logo to save a new start screen to your display.\

Thanks,
Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital

Neztik
LCD?

Post by Neztik »

Unfortunately I can't send text to the device at all. No Boot text. No text after boot. No text at all is ever displayed on the device. This was after I played with the uProject and the Boot Logo program.

It turns on and lights up and thats it. I can use uProject to turn it off and on (backlight). I can also control the contrast.

Nothing else will do anything. I have used LCDC and it finds the device and says is ready to go. But when I send tests to it nothing happens.

Is there a firmware I could reload on this or somehow reflash the device to factory?

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hi Neztik,

No text at all, with the ability to control contrast, on an alphanumeric screen is odd indeed. Please send me an email directly with the serial number of that device; you won't be able to to flash the display memory but I may be able to bring it in for repair.

You can reach me at tclark@matrixorbital.ca, and the serial number will be on the back of the unit in black on a clear sticker in the form ##M##-####.

Thanks,
Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital

Neztik
LCD?

Post by Neztik »

Thanks Troy. I just sent you an email with the requested information.

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Got it, thanks Neztik.
Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital