VK204-24-USB PCB Spacers

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

110220Volts
LCD!

VK204-24-USB PCB Spacers

Post by 110220Volts »

Hi I am resuming an old project of mine (Lost all interest for awhile)
anyway I am getting back to it and I am putting my VFD (VK204-24-USB) in a Semi-Custom case (I found an old cash register display and for some reason I have always liked those So I am modding it to hold the VK unit) anyway when I was mounting it I had to take out the screws and nuts that hold the two boards together and I lost 3 of the four plastic spacers :jawdrop: I have the VFD mounted OK without them so I don't actually know if they are needed. (what are they for?) So is there another place to get an equivalent part or can I get them straight from Matrix Orbital?
Thanks

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hi Volts,

First, the spacers aren't crucial to the operation of your display, their primary function is to separate the two PCBs that form our product. If they have fallen out, which they love to do when the screws are removed, ensure pins from the two PCBs do not connect. That will keep the smoke in, and allow the display to operate normally.

To replace lost spacers, you could order from us, but shipping costs will easily eclipse the value of the parts. The best solution would be to visit your local hardware/fastener shop. If you've one spacer left you can take it in for reference, but I'll see if I can't locate the dimensions for you.

Thanks,
~Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital

110220Volts
LCD!

Post by 110220Volts »

if you can get me the dimensions of the spacers that would be great
Thanks

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hi Volts,

My apologies for the delay, we're finally moved in to the extent that I can find a display spacer for you. It's described as a flat nylon washer, size #4, .125" Inner Diameter, .250" Outer Diameter, 3/16" in height.

Thanks,
~Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital

110220Volts
LCD!

Got it mounted

Post by 110220Volts »

Thank You to all that helped me with my many questions about the Matrix Orbital displays

Here are some pictures of the "Finished" Project (My Projects are never finished) :D

As you can see the pole display was originally the old computer beige color and I think I did a good job of painting it as this was my first time using the rattle can paint (I used Krylon Fusion plastic paint)
The pole Display Is/was an Emax brand which I got from work when they upgraded the POS system

OK enough of that here are the pictures

PS those orange and black wires go to a Temperature sensor
and yes I need to clean my work area

Thanks again

110220Volts
LCD!

Re: Got it mounted

Post by 110220Volts »

110220Volts wrote:Thank You to all that helped me with my many questions about the Matrix Orbital displays

Here are some pictures of the "Finished" Project (My Projects are never finished) :D

As you can see the pole display was originally the old computer beige color and I think I did a good job of painting it as this was my first time using the rattle can paint (I used Krylon Fusion plastic paint)
The pole Display Is/was an Emax brand which I got from work when they upgraded the POS system

OK enough of that here are the pictures

PS those orange and black wires go to a Temperature sensor
and yes I need to clean my work area

Thanks again
Here are the pictures again as my image server went down

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Looks great! Thanks Peter.

~Troy
Troy Clark