Faulty LK202-24-USB? Advise please?

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

zeegy
LCD?

Faulty LK202-24-USB? Advise please?

Post by zeegy »

Morning All - I had recently purchased a LK202-24-USB Rev1.4 from a second hand source, and it appears to be faulty?

The device works, and i love it - however both the two left backlights on both lines of the display flicker on and off randonly. sometimes every few seconds, sometimes every few minutes.

To rule out any potential problems I have tried running the device with a different usb cable, and in numerous computers (2 Desktops and a Laptop)

And the fault occurs with them all.

Should I assume this item is faulty? What Can i do with it if this is the case?

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hi Zeegy,

It sounds like you have an older display that is working well, save for the backlight. The backlight is the parts that most affects the lifespan of a display and it sounds like yours may be failing. As the two LEDs driving the backlight get towards the end of their useful life, they will dim, eventually begin to flicker, and finally turn off for good.

Given the age of the display, I strongly suspect repairs will not be covered under our one year warranty. Although they can still be done, parts, labour, as well as shipping charges will all apply. At this point, I would recommend checking out the sale we have right now to sell off our remaining stock of these units so you can replace the display at a reasonable price.

~Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital