how to boot to script written on GLK240128-25-WB model

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

tbermea
LCD?

how to boot to script written on GLK240128-25-WB model

Post by tbermea »

I have written a script for the GLK240128-25-WB using the MOGD# software that works just fine with screen. this script calls for a bitmap stored in slot 2, delays for 5 seconds,clears, and divides the screen into three different portions with assigned text. I have considered sending this same script using an MCU but it is going to be difficult. Is there any way I can save and boot the script on to the screen? I want it to be initialized as soon as the screen is powered everytime.

Paradigm
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Paradigm »

We don't allow startup scripts (on this product anyway). You can set a startup screen by storing the startup bitmap in slot 0, and you can have saved settings for a lot of commands which will be restorted on startup, however that is about all we can do.

For implementing it into an MCU, my best bet would be to do the following

0) (setup) store the startup screen in bitmap 0

1) Wait for the screen to become alive by querying for the module type until it gives you a sane response
2) Wait 5 seconds
3) Send one big long string of bytes that do everything you want after 5 seconds. They don't have to be separated, they can be literally in one long array.

The biggest hassle will be getting the list of bytes together for step 3, but once it's done, it's really really easy to implement.
James McTavish, P.Eng
Director of Engineering
Matrix Orbital

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hi Tbermea,

Following the steps provided by James, if you'd like to do exactly what MOGD# does in your own program you can run a program like portmon while implementing your script. This will display and log all events on your serial port to let you know what bytes are flying back and forth so you can copy them for your own code.

~Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital