LK204-25-WB-C74

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

GaryT
LCD?

LK204-25-WB-C74

Post by GaryT »

Hi !
I just purchased two of these from Parallax for a Basic Stamp 2sx project.

Unfortunately I can't get the display to work properly. I think it is a baud rate issue. The display lights up perfectly but when I send text only garbage appears.

I have tried all 9600 baud rates (16224, 240, 24816 and 8432) but nothing seems to work.

Any idea what the proper baud rate for the BS2sx is ?

Thanks for the help.

Gary

Ray
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Ray »

The easiest way to set the unit to known settings is put on the manual override jumper and write your prefered settings to the unit when you have restored communication with it. See the manual for details

GaryT
LCD?

No Manual, no Jumper

Post by GaryT »

Ray wrote:The easiest way to set the unit to known settings is put on the manual override jumper and write your prefered settings to the unit when you have restored communication with it. See the manual for details
Thank you for your fast answer.

Unfortunately no manual came with the display and I don't see any jumper on the board !?

Gary

P.S.
Number on one display is 09M06-1150

Ray
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Ray »

We have all manuals on our website ,but that seems to have some technical difficulties right now but paralex kept a copy as well rev 1.x and rev 2.x

GaryT
LCD?

Can't get LK204-25-WB-C74 to work with BS2SX

Post by GaryT »

Ray wrote:We have all manuals on our website ,but that seems to have some technical difficulties right now but paralex kept a copy as well rev 1.x and rev 2.x
Thanks for the URL. However, the display I have is not shown in the manual. It seems to be a special version just for the BasicStamp. There are no jumpers and no DB9 plug.

It just seems to be a baud rate issue, since the display turns on and does responds with strange characters when I send text.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Gary

Paradigm
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Paradigm »

A problem with the baud rate seems like a good guess. If you connect row 5 and column 1 together on startup, either with a jumper or pressing the appropriate key on a keypad, you will enter a "Manual Override" mode. This mode will always startup with a 19,200 buad, so you should be able to communicate with it. Change the settings to a known value and restart the display again. Manual override mode doesn't change any saved EEPROM values, it just ignores the saved values temporarily.
James McTavish, P.Eng
Director of Engineering
Matrix Orbital

GaryT
LCD?

Problem solved

Post by GaryT »

Paradigm wrote:A problem with the baud rate seems like a good guess. If you connect row 5 and column 1 together on startup, either with a jumper or pressing the appropriate key on a keypad, you will enter a "Manual Override" mode. This mode will always startup with a 19,200 buad, so you should be able to communicate with it. Change the settings to a known value and restart the display again. Manual override mode doesn't change any saved EEPROM values, it just ignores the saved values temporarily.
Thanks everybody for your help. Problem is solved.
Display works now as is with a baud rate setting of: 110

Gary