which GLK do I have?

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

teletom
LCD?

which GLK do I have?

Post by teletom »

I've been having a little trouble setting up LCDC with my Matrix Orbital GLK12232-25 screen as every time I ask it to detect the screen type it says the definition file has been tampered with. In test mode I can display things fine, but it doesn't work correctly when working with multi-line and scrolling text.

I cannot find a direct match anywhere on the Matrix Orbital site, here is a photo of the screen which I was given, I believe it may be a review model?

If anyone could help me out I'd be most grateful, this problem is causing me quite a bit of frustration!

Raquel
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Raquel »

Hi,

Thanks for posting on the forum.

You have a GLK12232-25-WBL. I am not sure why LCDC would think that the definition file is tampered with.

If you try uProject and click on Read Module Type in the Main tab, you should see it say 'GLK12232-25'. Try sending text (also in Main tab) and see if scroll and multi-line text work better. If it works in uProject, then you might need to check out with LCDC.

Let me know how it turns out.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Raquel Malinis
Design and Development
Matrix Orbital

teletom
LCD?

Post by teletom »

many thanks for your swift reply, unfortunately I think the screen electronics are damaged as it now displays an ugly mess whenever it's turned on and uProject cannot connect to it.

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hi Teletom,

Sorry to hear you've had some trouble communicating your display. If you haven't already, I'd recommend trying a manual override. Check out your manual for details, but it should consist of powering off, jumping two keypad pins, and powering back up.

If that helps at all, just throw up another post and we can help you save the proper settings from there.

Also, that looks like an older display, and I see a few questionable jumps that I am unfortunately able to investigate. You might want to take a look at the jump to the left of U5, and the lower right corner of the large controller chip. I don't believe there should be solder in either location. If you don't mind, I wonder if you could let me know where you picked that unit up?

Thanks,
~Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital

teletom
LCD?

Post by teletom »

I was given the display by a friend who had received it as a review model, hence I have no manual for it (but i have just acquired one from your website), and was unsure as to which variant of GLK12232-25 I had. This would I assume also explain the non standard solder links - it is beyond any kind of modification I am capable of!

thanks

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hi Teletom,

Sorry to hear that display won't work out for you. If you are interested in working with that type of display, you can check out the newer model on our site. Feel free to browse and post up any questions you may have.

Thanks,
~Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital

BeanAnimal
LCD?

Post by BeanAnimal »

Clark wrote:Hi Teletom,

Sorry to hear you've had some trouble communicating your display. If you haven't already, I'd recommend trying a manual override. Check out your manual for details, but it should consist of powering off, jumping two keypad pins, and powering back up.

If that helps at all, just throw up another post and we can help you save the proper settings from there.

Also, that looks like an older display, and I see a few questionable jumps that I am unfortunately able to investigate. You might want to take a look at the jump to the left of U5, and the lower right corner of the large controller chip. I don't believe there should be solder in either location. If you don't mind, I wonder if you could let me know where you picked that unit up?

Thanks,
~Troy
Troy... sorry to dredge up an old thread, but I purchased a small handfull of this EXACT display several years ago. I never got around to using them until this evening. I have plugged two of them in and both have produced similar problems. I was able to send text to the screen, draw, set contrast etc but not upload files or fonts.

Neither module is recognized by the auto detect routines in the graphics software (both the old and the #sharp version) or uProject.

Neither display will accept uploads and now neither will print text after erasing the file system. I erased the file system in hopes of getting the display memory cleared and reset.

One display was tested on a Dell D series latitude laptop, the other on an ancient windows XP desktop, so I am fairly sure it is not a serial coms issue. I have a feeling that the memory NVRAM is at fault, but these are NEW units (even though they are several years old), just unwrapped from their packaging.

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

No worries bean,

Since you are hacing trouble with the autodetect function, I suspect you may not be receiving responses from the unit correctly. Wiping the filesystem will have removed all fonts and bitmaps that were stored on the unit; so we have a couple troubleshooting obstacles.

First up, grab the manual for your unit and place the display in manual override mode. In MOGD# use the backlight checkbox to confirm communication (since text won't work). In the same configuration menu, also try to read the revision.

If you are unable to read the revision, take a look in the manual for any commands that may be interfering with read functionality. I would recommend ensuring auto transmit (keypresses) is on, and flow control is off. You can transmit commands as numeric decimal values using thescript display feature. Also check your hardware settings to ensure any jumpers used to set communication protocol are in the correct places.

Once you can write to and read from the display, try an autodetect in MOGD#. If that is successful move on to upload a font. If not, try the older MOGD program instead for uploading.

Thanks,
~Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital