Product life of GLK19264-7T-1U and panel mounting questions

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

dshero
LCD?

Product life of GLK19264-7T-1U and panel mounting questions

Post by dshero »

I am looking into designing in a GLK19264-7T-1U-GW display into our product (yearly production quantities of 50+ per year). Can you tell me how long you plan to keep manufacturing this unit? I do not want to put in all this effort just to have it discontinued in the near future, so would like to see that it is still available in at least five years.

The product I am looking at putting it in would be in an industrial environment. Although it would be indoors and not subject to temperature extremes or water, it could be in a rather dirty environment. I would mount it on a panel with probably a clear piece of thin plastic covering the display to protect it; however, the keys on the keypad will be exposed in order for them to be operational. All other parts of the display (electronics, connections, etc.) would reside inside our enclosure which has filtered air. Do you see any concerns over this usage? Also, I saw on a forum someone asking for a detailed drawing for constructing a cutout for the keypad. There was an attached file "19264 Face pattern.rar" which contains "19264 Face pattern.pdf". When I attempted to open the .pdf file I got a CRC error. Is this file available anywhere else?
djs

Paradigm
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Paradigm »

First off, we have no intention or plans to kill off the 19264-1U series any time soon. It was released relatively recently and is rapidly becoming one of our most popular displays.

Assuming the inside of the case was positively pressured with filtered air, the cracks around the keypad would only allow air out, not in. That being said, I see no reason for our displays to stop working even if they were caked in dust, as long as there was no moisture associated with it.

please contact mo@matrixorbital.ca and ask Brian to send you any information you need regarding the physical layouts. I also think he has a solidworks model of the display if you would like one.
James McTavish, P.Eng
Director of Engineering
Matrix Orbital