Fan controller, software, watercooling, etc.

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

eddie3dfx
LCD?

Fan controller, software, watercooling, etc.

Post by eddie3dfx »

Here is my dilemma/scenario. I am watercooling my system and I want a lcd/fan controller to adjust fan/rpm speed based on temps. (also, I'd like it to show the readouts on the lcd)

Is there any type of external software that would let me do this? Or can the software that comes with the units do this as well.

The units I was looking at are the matrix orbital 221, 223, and 232.
Other than silve black-fascia's, I cannot tell the difference from the models based on the specs. (221 and 223 v2 are on sale at my local store, but i'm not sure if these units have fan controllers built in.. do all models have this or just the newer units?)

What is the fan rating per channel? how many amps/watts. Can I use external thermal sensors (flat ones, not digital)

Do any of these units control 4 fans and not 3?

Basically I have 3-4 radiators with 2-3 fans on each one... 12-14( y cable) fans with 3-4 thermal sensors.

Any assistance would greatly be appreciated.

Paradigm
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Paradigm »

All of the displays you have mentioned are 2x20 LCDs, the only difference will be the colours. Each comes with 3 independent fan controllers and 4 ports for temperature sensors. The 4x20 displays in the MX series come with 4 fan controllers and 6 ports for temperature probes.

The software they come wish is LCDC. If you need to know about its capabilities the best place would be to check out it's homepage http://www.lcdc.cc/

The fan controllers can output a maximum of 1A per channel at 12V, which works out to 12W.

Hope this helps.
James McTavish, P.Eng
Director of Engineering
Matrix Orbital