Screen Problem with GLK240

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

Brian Price
LCD?

Screen Problem with GLK240

Post by Brian Price »

I have just received a GLK240128-25-GW. Last Thursday I successfully powered it up and displayed some text and bar graph images through the serial port. I cycled power on/off several times during this process with no problems. After 3 hours, I was done and turned off power. Nothing was touched Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. I am in today and powered up the LCD and all that was displayed were bars going from the bottom to the top across the whole screen. I tried sending the CLEAR command through my serial program, but the screen did not clear up. I tried cycling power, but that did not work (confirmed that supplying +5 VDC). I tried shorting the pins to go back to factory reset. Problem still there. I have several questions.

1) Is this a common problem?
2) How can the screen be put back into functional order?
3) How can this problem be prevented in the future?

Thank you for your time,

Brian Price

Raquel
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Raquel »

Hello Brian,

Thank you for posting on the forum.

I am sorry to hear about the problem with your GLK240128-25. Can you please post a picture of these bars that are displayed on the screen?

Thanks,
Raquel Malinis
Design and Development
Matrix Orbital

ChrisOG
LCD?

same problem with screen

Post by ChrisOG »

Hello

I have the same problem as brian.
We are working on a prototype for a new product which includes an LCD screen. Our model is GLK240128-25.

Some monday the screen just stop working propertly for no reason. Power is correct, I2C lines work fine, our prototype board works ok, i tested it with another screen. The problem is the vertical lines. As soon as i turn it on the vertical lines appear every time. I cannot print a thing.

Communication works fine i beliave since i can turn off backlight and also can change contrast among other things. Here are some pictures that will give you and idea.

I also have the same questions as brian.

Thanks in advance for your attentions.

Chris OG[/img]
Attachments
Vertical bars
Vertical bars
IMG_03462.JPG (25.68 KiB) Viewed 6285 times
Another Vertical bars
Another Vertical bars
IMG_03472.JPG (23.69 KiB) Viewed 6285 times

Raquel
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Raquel »

Hi,

Can you please try something out for me? Please try wiping the module fily system (cmd 254 / 33 / 89 / 33). After sending the command, wait for a couple seconds before cycling the power. See if the bars are still there.

-Raquel
Raquel Malinis
Design and Development
Matrix Orbital

ChrisOG
LCD?

Post by ChrisOG »

Hello

I did that on MogdSharp "Wipe Module File System", although i dont know if Mogdsharp command sequence for wipping the module is the same command sequence you gave me to try with. If so, i did it with no success.

Chris

Briani
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Briani »

Morning,

After looking at your pictures I'm fairly positive that both units are suffering from a hardware problem. Please contact support@matrixorbital.ca and request an RMA and we'll take look at them to see what has happened.

As for you questions:

Absolutely Not! That's why I'm a little concerned to hear that we have 2 of the same units with the same issues.

If this is a hardware issue there is nothing software wise that can be done to restore the units.

I don't know; we will need to see the units to determine what has happened.

Brian Ingwersen
Engineering
Matrix Orbital