HELP PLEASE EVERYONE

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

Muirner
LCD?

Post by Muirner »

Hey, now that i got you looking i wanna know, What is the BEST display? i wanna be able to display my CPU Temp, (vid temp if possible but not nessecary) Winnamp, and any other options. I know this is asking a lot but can you list the choices (like what i can get desplayed on the screen), pros & cons of each system, and prices. PLEASE HELP i wanna get this in a custom computer sooooo bad

jeff

Muirner
LCD?

Post by Muirner »

Hey, i am posting this less then 2 hrs after i made my first post, maybe i'm just to impatient... i'm lookin for any information about any display. Personal experiences would be good... oh yea i have NO programming experience at all just some basic lol, that is back in the day for ya. Well anyways one last q. Temp sensors, do i ahve to insall some or what? because i insalled Mobo Moniter 5.0 and it didnt work..

jeff

Cheese
Bit-Tech.net
Bit-Tech.net

Post by Cheese »

The glk-24064-25 is the best display o/c...

see http://www.icehardware.net for revciews of the plain 204 and glk-12232-wbl too.

Cheers,

r.

relix
Uber Slave
Uber Slave

Post by relix »

wow, that stuff indeed looks very nice!

Muirner
LCD?

Post by Muirner »

That is very nice. just one question, do i need to add sensors to my computer to get it to desplay temps??

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

It uses MBM5 and LCDC to display the information.
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

Cheese
Bit-Tech.net
Bit-Tech.net

Post by Cheese »

On 2002-04-01 22:28, Henry wrote:
It uses MBM5 and LCDC to display the information....
...from your motherboard's on board temp sensors. Most new motherboard (for about 2 years now) include a temp sensor in the cpu socket and one somewhere else on the motherboard. As henry says your lcd software gets these from a lovely little app called MBM5 but don't worry if this sound complicated... it's easy as pie to setup :wink:

Cheers,

r.

fra dolpi
LCD!

Post by fra dolpi »

hi,
my suggestion is a lk204-25-pc it's a wonderful lcd, work really well and have a lot of function... also work with every softare i've tryed very well... only one problem, wait a little more until they fix the problem with the big digits... fo the software solution i suggest you lcdc (i'm using it right now) and lcd smartie 5 a really simple and easy to use program...
bye and enjoy this new wonderful PC-MOD !

Muirner
LCD?

Post by Muirner »

Do they make a display that has a red face on it or anything like that? And do the displays that have a 20x4 or a 40x4 are they good?? i want a nice one (what is the size of the one up above??) also is there a program that lets you display system temps and display game stats??

Cheese
Bit-Tech.net
Bit-Tech.net

Post by Cheese »

The size is in the product code (doh!),

lk204 is 20x4
glk24064 (the one at the top) is 240x64 pixels (40x8)

etc...

Cheers,

r.