LCDC, If Statements and GPO's

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

StevenG
LCD!

LCDC, If Statements and GPO's

Post by StevenG »

Hi there.

ive just written an IF statement that will show low, high or extremem network usage on my display.

is there a way to get each of these to turn on an LED.

someone has done this with cpu and case temp in the gallery but im not sure how its done.

i would want the low light to always be lit. the high light to be lit between 500k and 2000k and the extreme light to be lit after 2000k

can this be done?

thanks in advance for any replies.
StevenG

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hi Steve,

That's going to be a question more suited for the folks at LCDC, you may want to give Matt a try, Matthew@dps.uk.com.

Nonetheless, I'll see if I can get LCDC running when I get back to my office tomorrow to give you a more helpful answer.

~Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hi Steve,

It looks like that kind of data will probably be available in a plug in. I played around a bit and it is definitely possible to turn GPOs on and off based on events, I just can't find the right event. Anyway, have a look around, see if you can't find that user and ask for the plug in name, or maybe send Matt an email.

~Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital

Jan Kerssen
LCD Geek

Post by Jan Kerssen »

Hi,

LCDC has it. In the Text Definition are to find Variables for the System.
Such as Network Currently Up or Downloading. With events Sys-On Condition with equations like [?[#$SysNet...]=>...?yes?no?] or =< it might be possible to swich leds on and off.

Jan

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hi Jan,

I appreciate the tip, that seems to have done the trick. That Sys->On Condition Event looks extremely handy for this kind of custom application.

Steve, just go into your events menu, find the Sys->On Condition entry, enter in something like [?[#$SysNetCurDowIF0]=>2000?yes?], set the action to GPO On, and then select which GPO you'd like to change.

There's also a nice help in each of the menus, and a little A?B button that lets you do if statements in a browse and select kind of format. I had a little trouble doing the more complex stuff, but if you stick to what Jan has got above you should be fine.

I did a quick test with the 2k and a 20k on download only, and have a GPO off statement for each that looks like [?[#$SysNetCurDowIF0]=<2000?yes?].

Anyway, hope that does the trick, if you have any further questions or concerns regarding that display, just post them.

Thanks,
~Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital