Lk204-25

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

ghstintheshell
LCD?

Lk204-25

Post by ghstintheshell »

I was wondering if someone can point me in the direection of how to use the external keys on this module. I am currently using LCD Smartie as LCDC wants money for their product and Marix Orbital No longer supplies LCDC with it's PC Bay Insert models(shame!).

Clare
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clare »

Dear ghstintheshell,

If you are using the LK204-25, this product has never come with LCDC. We have never included LCDC in the serial PC Bay Insert modules.

The only products we have ever included LCDC in are the MX series of displays.

And we will continue to offer the MX series which includes LCDC until May 2008.

If you want LCDC included, please feel free to purchase an MX series unit and you shall receive LCDC free of charge.

Thank you,
Clare

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hi Ghost in the Shell,

Thanks for your question, I believe that one of our Sales representatives has responded to your concerns regarding LCDC, I'll see if I can't point you in the right direction for your keypad issues. The section for the keypad can be found in your manual in section 9 on page 36. I'll be taking a look at LCDSmartie a little later today to see what they have done with the raw data that is returned; I usually use LCDC as well :wink: . I do believe you can grab a trial version from the LCDC website, but you may have to put up with some adds and delays. If you have any other questions or concerns in the mean time, let me know, otherwise I'll try to get back to you with some LCDSmartie info later today.

Thanks,

Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital

Jan Kerssen
LCD Geek

Post by Jan Kerssen »

Hi, question related.
Learned from the above answer this device can be operated by LCDC.
If so, how large would the volotile memory be to store a CF.
Just anxious to know.

Regards, Image Jan

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hi Jan,

You are absolutely correct, the LK204-25, along with most of our other alphanumeric displays, can be operated using LCDC. As for your second question, unfortunately I am not familiar with the acronym 'CF', but from your apparent experience with graphic displays I am assuming you mean to abbreviate 'Custom Font'. If not let me know, and disregard the info below :wink: .

There are 5 banks of memory used to store 8 characters each, which means you would have 40 characters in all; not really enough to make much of a font. Those banks each have a specific purpose, 1 is to hold the startup characters, 2 is horizontal bars, 3 is vertical bars, 4 is medium numbers, and 5 is large numbers. Only 1 bank can be employed at a time, and must be initialized before use, which is why each is given a specific purpose.

Anyway, I hope that has helped answer your question; if I have misinterpreted your acronym, or you have any further quandaries, please post them here.

Thanks,

Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital

Jan Kerssen
LCD Geek

Post by Jan Kerssen »

Hi, Troy

Downloaded the manual. Learned about this memory banks.
0 for the startup screen wich can be R. Leaves me to create 4 times 8 cc sets for screen designs.
Meant with CF the Command File of LCDC wich contains the screens and events upto 63kB (the max.).
Donot know if this device is suitable for some of the "wild" designs I created.
On a 40 wide screen they must grow quite large.
Beyond doubt an impressive display.

Thanks, Jan