Part # for temperature probe WOL Header Connector?

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

jimk33
LCD?

Part # for temperature probe WOL Header Connector?

Post by jimk33 »

I would like to put intermediate connectors in the wires to my termperature probes, but can't find the part number for a connector that will mate with the WOL connector on the probes. This would be a connector similar to the connector that is hard wired to the MO board.

Does anyone know what that part number might be, and where I could find them?

Thanks in advance,
Jim

cipher_nemo
LCD Geek

Re: Part # for temperature probe WOL Header Connector?

Post by cipher_nemo »

Jim, which Matrix Orbital unit do you have? Also, is this the DS18S20 temperature probe, or a third-party probe? If a third-party probe, what sort of connections are on the end of it?

jimk33
LCD?

Post by jimk33 »

I have an MX610, but I believe the temperature probe header is the same on all MO displays. I have some bare DS18S20 temperature probes to which I'd like to solder wires a few inches long with a connector on the end. I'd like to then use separate cables to connect them to the MO display. I purchased about 20 WOL cables on ebay, but need the mating socket/header to connect them to. I plan to make "Y" connectors so I can daisy chain temperature probes without permanently soldering them together, and also make wires the correct length so I don't need to hide extra wire. My goal is to make a modular probe system so I can move them around, and add and delete probes as I change my system, or build a new one.

Thanks for your response.
Jim

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hi Jim,

Thanks for you question, and the information that you have provided. Good to hear that you are exploring the features of your displays Dallas One-Wire connection, sorry to find that you are having some difficulty locating the required parts. I can tell you that the part number for the mating connector of the DOW header is an AMP 173977, which has a data sheet over at the Tyco Electronics site. Unfortunately, I don't have any info on the WoL header that you will need to connect your daisy chain to, but I imagine that shouldn't be too difficult to find. I hope that'll help you out, if you've got any more questions, just post them up here and I'll do my best to answer them.

Best of luck on your project,

Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital