LK202-25 Serial

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

juju
LCD Geek

LK202-25 Serial

Post by juju »

Can I hookup Temp Probs to this unit? If so, what and where can I find or purchase the proper wires?

If so How would I go about performing this task?

Also How do I find out what rev ver my unit is? As I would like to down load the manual.

Any help to the above would be nice.
JuJu Still Learning

cipher_nemo
LCD Geek

Re: LK202-25 Serial

Post by cipher_nemo »

juju wrote:Can I hookup Temp Probs to this unit? If so, what and where can I find or purchase the proper wires?
To my knowledge, Matrix Orbital does not sell temperature probes for this model. However, you should be able to use this model with an application such as LCDC, which will allow you to view temperatures as reported by a PC's motherboard. Such temps include system (case environment), CPU, GPUs, hard disk drives, etc.
juju wrote:Also How do I find out what rev ver my unit is? As I would like to down load the manual.
The PCB revision is printed on the back of the unit as "PCB Rx.x", near the middle, above the keypad interface connection (long strip of single-row pins). If you bought it recently, it's probably a revision 3.

I hope that helps. Hopefully a Matrix Orbital rep can verify this for you on Monday (they take the weekends off like the rest of us). :)

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Re: LK202-25 Serial

Post by Clark »

Hi Juju,

I'd like to first start by thanking cipher_nemo for stepping in to provide some great information while we were taking the weekend off. As for your question, the information you have been provided is correct. It is possible to attach one, Dallas One-Wire temperature probe to your display, provided you have the required header populated. If you do not have the white plastic interfacing module around the One-Wire pin-out of your display board, as shown in the manual, it is not populated. Speaking of the manual, the information cipher_nemo provided with regard to the placement of the Revision designator of your display is also correct. Finally, LCDC will in fact allow you to use the data that is reported to your computer, and provide the means to display it to your display. Hopefully I have been able to verify most of the information posted earlier by cipher_nemo, thanks again by the way :wink: , if you have any further questions, please feel free to post them.

Thanks,

Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital

cipher_nemo
LCD Geek

Post by cipher_nemo »

juju,

Clark mentioned a Dallas one wire temperature probe. If your application is a bit more electrical-engineering oriented than a PC, and you just want a probe directly connected to the LCD unit, here are some examples:

http://para.maxim-ic.com/cache/en/results/4866.html

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

juju
LCD Geek

Post by juju »

Thanks to everyone for their reply, it help me a lots.

One more question, would i need to download a plug-in from LCDC or is it build into LCDC software? If not what plug-in would i have to download?

Again thanks for all the help.
JuJu Still Learning

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hi Juju,

Good to see that Henry has been able to provide you with the information you needed regarding temperature probes. The Dallas One-Wire capability is available in LCDC under the system menu, in the advanced section, as such, it should be available to you without a plug-in download. For more info on plugins, and LCDC, check out this page on our website. If you would like more advanced information on the functions and capabilities of the LCDC program, you may want to contact Mat-d-Rat at Matthew@dps.uk.com. Again, if you have any further questions at this time or in the future, just post them here, as I'm sure you've seen, they'll get answered.

Thanks,

Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital

juju
LCD Geek

Post by juju »

Clark wrote:Hi Juju,

Good to see that Henry has been able to provide you with the information you needed regarding temperature probes. The Dallas One-Wire capability is available in LCDC under the system menu, in the advanced section, as such, it should be available to you without a plug-in download. For more info on plugins, and LCDC, check out this page on our website. If you would like more advanced information on the functions and capabilities of the LCDC program, you may want to contact Mat-d-Rat at Matthew@dps.uk.com. Again, if you have any further questions at this time or in the future, just post them here, as I'm sure you've seen, they'll get answered.

Thanks,

Troy
You are so right, I did get a fast reply and it did help me a great deal.

I am in the process of ordering a new case, and wanted to make sure I could hook-up one or two temp probs using your unit and not have to add a temp unit in order to see my temp in the new case, as currently I am not using any in my old case, I am only using it for the display of some things without anything connected to it (running LCDC).

Again thanks for all the help
JuJu Still Learning