Need Help with GLK12232-25-SM-WB

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

James2113
LCD?

Need Help with GLK12232-25-SM-WB

Post by James2113 »

I installed GLK12232-25-SM-WB on my HTPC computer but i have a problem i am trying to get it tp work with my Media center edition for windows xp or at least get snapstream media to work with it pleases can someone help me

cipher_nemo
LCD Geek

Re: Need Help with GLK12232-25-SM-WB

Post by cipher_nemo »

Sure, but the community would need more information to help you.
  • Did you follow the manual's instructions at http://www.matrixorbital.ca/manuals/GLK ... -25-SM.pdf?
  • Did you hook it up to a floppy-style power connector? Does it get power?
  • Did you connect it to serial via an internal or external connection?
  • What is the exact problem you're having? What happens when you try to do this?
  • What is the PCB revision of your unit? It's printed on the back as "Rev x.xx"

James2113
LCD?

Post by James2113 »

i have iwith its on floopy power supply and i hooked it up with a serial to usb cord internally and all it says graphice in any direction and thats it i would like to get software work with my snapstream media or media center edition

cipher_nemo
LCD Geek

Post by cipher_nemo »

James2113 wrote:...i would like to get software work with my snapstream media or media center edition
I know that Media Center is the home entertainment application that runs in Windows XP Media Center, but with "snapstream media" I assume you are referring to their BeyondTV product? What specifically did you want to display on the LCD?

If you note from the manual, the GLK is more designed for hobbyists and professional applications, not for the casual PC user or PC hardware enthusiast. I'm not sure if the GLK with work with LCDC or LCDStudio (my guess is no, but worth a look).

Does the MOGD# communicate with the display ok?

If you can't use LCDStudio or LCDC, you'll have to find someone who has already created software for the GLK, or create your own (it takes commands over the serial connection that are hexadecimal-based).

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

First I'd just like to take a few words to thank cipher_nemo for all the tremendous support provided on this topic, and a couple others over the weekend, your insightful input is much appreciated. Now down to business...

Hi James,

Thanks for your questions, sorry to hear that you've been having some difficulty with your GLK12232-25-SM-WB display. It is helpful to note that the display is powered correctly, and the next step, as cipher here has illustrated, is to ensure that communication is possible to the display, though MOGD#. Although I cannot say much for LCDStudio, I can tell you that LCDC was created primarily for alphanumeric screens, so it is difficult to use with GLK models. You can try many of the commands on your own using a program such as Hyperterminal, or any coding language your comfortable with to issue serial port commands. You will be pleased to note that a scripting functionality, similar to that of uProject, will be coming to MOGD# in the future to aid in screen design and testing. Hopefully this has helped answer some of your questions, if you have any further concerns, feel free to post them and either myself, or another knowledgeable member of our forum community, will be more than happy to help you out.

Thanks,

Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital