HOW TO CHANGE STARTUP SCREEN ON LK204-25-PC ?

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

fra dolpi
LCD!

Post by fra dolpi »

please,
do anyone know how to change the start-up screen for the LK204-25-PC ?
thanks,

fra

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

http://www.matrixorbital.com/downloads.htm#A_SOFTWARE

Change Screen

Use this program to change the test which appears on the screen at power up. This is only for those models which support this function such as the LK204-25-PC, LK202-25, VK202-25, LK404-55, LCD4041, LK404-AT, LK402-12, and LK162-12. (Win NT/9x) Download change.zip - 150 KB
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

mhains
LCD?

Post by mhains »

I guess my LK204-25 (not PC) can't have a startup screen? I notice a lot of garbled characters appear when I first bootup the PC (must be random noise on the COM2 line)... it'd be nice to get something more spiffy.

Henry -- when are we going to learn more about that new LCD screen you've got coming in? Any details you can slip us now???!!

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

Windows caughs up a huge amount of garbage when booting...

As for as new toys... where do I start... hehehe...

The LK204-25 is getting a face lift... it's going to be like the -PC model with out the high power GPOs...

But there is more.........
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

mhains
LCD?

Post by mhains »

...more? how could there be more? like what?

Minos
LCD?

Post by Minos »

Is it possible to change 204 25 (not PC) with new one .... ?
In the future ?

:wink:

controller2k2
LCD?

Post by controller2k2 »

This is slightly off-topic... maybe not:

I have tried to use the change program mentioned in this thread to change the bootup message on my display (the one in the BLK202A-4BR kit).

I -was- sucessful on the first couple of attempts, but I don't seem to be able to do it anymore.

The display is working fine... I have tried all kinds of software and they all work. I am currently using LCDC, which works wonderfully (even with the keys on the faceplate!)

The module boots up on, but blank. Nothing shows until a program actually uses it, such as LCDC. I have run the change proggy a number of times, without any errors, but the change isn't registering. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

-P
From Paul
Boston, MA, USA

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

LCDC has contrast setting inside the program. turn on the display and load up Alpha Demo, then turn on and off the backlight to see if you have communication, then turn the contrast to ~120... if the text appears then the cotrast has been set too low for some strange reason. Use the program called contrast save to set it back to a good value... simmer, serve and enjoy...
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

Minos
LCD?

Post by Minos »

Henry

is it possible to make change on a LK-204-25 baught in January for a new one (with the new features) ? or updating controller software to have the new features ?

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

On 2002-03-25 02:58, Minos wrote:
Henry

is it possible to make change on a LK-204-25 baught in January for a new one (with the new features) ? or updating controller software to have the new features ?
It's not possible since they are two different peices of hardware.
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

controller2k2
LCD?

Post by controller2k2 »

On 2002-03-22 21:48, Henry wrote:
LCDC has contrast setting inside the program. turn on the display and load up Alpha Demo, then turn on and off the backlight to see if you have communication, then turn the contrast to ~120... if the text appears then the cotrast has been set too low for some strange reason. Use the program called contrast save to set it back to a good value... simmer, serve and enjoy...
Thanks for the tip, Henry. It was indeed the case that the contrast setting had to be turned up in the Alpha demo to see the text, as you supposed.

However, even with that fixed, there is still no startup message. I even went back into the change program, established communication, entered the message and hit the "change" button. Something seemed to happen, but on bootup the screen is still blank.

Any more ideas?

Thanks!

-P

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

On 2002-03-25 17:41, controller2k2 wrote:
On 2002-03-22 21:48, Henry wrote:
Thanks for the tip, Henry. It was indeed the case that the contrast setting had to be turned up in the Alpha demo to see the text, as you supposed.

However, even with that fixed, there is still no startup message. I even went back into the change program, established communication, entered the message and hit the "change" button. Something seemed to happen, but on bootup the screen is still blank.

Any more ideas?

Thanks!

-P
There is a program called contrastsave in the download section, use it to save the contrast to memory.
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

controller2k2
LCD?

Post by controller2k2 »

On 2002-03-25 22:03, Henry wrote:
There is a program called contrastsave in the download section, use it to save the contrast to memory.
I'm sorry, Henry... I must have been sleeping when I read your original response and thought the contrast save function was in the alpha demo!

I did what you said and it works. Thanks!!

-P

zigzak
LCD!

Start-up Screen on LK404-AT

Post by zigzak »

Hi,
I have the LCD control software from the website - but my module, the LK404-AT isn't in the list of supported LCDs within the program? When the program starts and I try to connect it says my module is type 0x31 and suggests I select this type from the list - but it isn't there.

I'm also wondered if this relates to a problem I have trying to define a start-up screen - around 3/4 of the last line gets messed up and doesn't appear as I defined. I have tried various times to send a start-up screen with same results. I'm able to send text to the module for normal display and other commands 100% of the time so I know my comms are ok!

Any ideas?
Regards,
David Spink
www.zigzak.co.uk

Tom
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Tom »

Hi,

I am assuming you were using LCD tester. LCD tester is not a recommended program for testing your display. A recommended program will be uproject, and it should be in the ecd that came with your display. If you can't find it, you can email me at tlam@matrixorbital.ca, and I will send you a copy. I can also send you a piece of software that will let you change your start screen on your LK404-AT.

Best Regards,