MX6 and Koolance Flow Meter

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

flyboy4u
LCD?

MX6 and Koolance Flow Meter

Post by flyboy4u »

Hello!

I'm looking to monitor the flow through my water cooling system with Koolance's Flow meter:

http://www.koolance.com/support/files/m ... 1d_eng.zip

And from what I read in this post:

http://www.lcdforums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3265

This is possible. I was wondering if someone might be able to help me create the "custom cable" mentioned in there!

Thanks,

Louis

Jon
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Jon »

Hi Flyboy,

I think we would have to get one of these flow meters to be able to experiment with it.

Have you seen This flowmeter, it operates on the same pricipals as a fan, and can be monitored by LCDC as if it was monitoring fan speed.

--
Jon

flyboy4u
LCD?

Post by flyboy4u »

Well, I should probably clarify what I'm asking a bit more. From what I can figure out from the wiring diagram, the flow meter is basically a switch--it turns on and off for every rotation of the turbine.

I guess I'm asking:

1. How the MX6 reads fan RPMs--is it based on the same principle, where the yellow "sensor" cable from the fan is a switch that cycles for every rotation of the fan, and

2. How I could get the MX6 to see and count the cycles of a switch connected to it.

What I figure I'd do is connect the red fan lead from the MX6 to the switch of the flow meter, and connect the other side of the switch to the sensor input of the same fan terminal. Theoretically, this would send a voltage pulse every time the flow meter's switch cycled into the fan RPM sensor...hopefully letting the MX6 "see" the RPMs of the turbine.

Thanks for your time--I may be way off in left field here anyway.

Louis