Help with connections

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

jbdecker
LCD?

Help with connections

Post by jbdecker »

I left a help requet last week, however no one has come forward. I mentioned before I want to control at least fans with feedback using the LK202-24-USB.
From what I have figured out and please correct me if I am wrong:
I would connect a fan to each red GPO, connect floppy cable to High Power Input, change jumper to High Power Select (12v). Attach temperature probes (optional) to the 1 wire connectors.

Correct? Of course install software.

Jason

Jon
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Jon »

By George he's got it! :D

Yep that's what you gotta do. But just so you know, you probably won't have to change the High power select jumper it'll come jumpered as HP by default.

--
jon

jbdecker
LCD?

Temperature Probes

Post by jbdecker »

I ordered the VK202-24-USB. I currently am using temperature probes with a 2 pin config. Where on the board do I place the temperature probes with a 2 pin or do I need to get 3 pin? If so do these plug into the white 1 wire connectors to the left of the fan headers?

Thanks again.
Jason

Jon
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Jon »

Our board is designed for temp probes with 3 pin configuration, that can plug into the headers to the left of the fan headers. What type of temp probes do you have? Where did you purchase them? We sell temp probes on our site that will work with the display. (you can also get them at frozencpu here)

--
Jon

jbdecker
LCD?

Temperature Probe

Post by jbdecker »

I have 2 pin temperature probes from another kit (VL System) that are unused. I forgot to order the temperature probes from MO and I hate to pay another international shipping fee to ship from Canada to US.
In addition, I having a difficult time figuring out how to mout the VK202-24 since my previous VFD had mounting screws that do not line up with the MO. The MO board is 116mm and the VL system board is 135mm.

Jason

Jon
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Jon »

Hi Jason,

The VK202-24 is designed to fit into the mountings off of our website here. However if you want to try to make the display work with a VL systems mounting you will have to mod their mounting in order to make it work. This might mean that you'll have to make a trip to your local hardware store (think Home Depot or something) in order to get some screws and so forth. If you post a picture of your VL systems mounting, I can make some recomendations on how to make it work.

As for the VL systems temp probes they won't work. However if you don't want to get the temp probes shipped all the way from canada have a look at Frozen Cpu (i posted the link above). They are in the US, and they have a huge selection of products, so maybe take a look at wha they have and if you can find something else u need, as well, then you can just get them at the same time and combine shipping.

please let me know your thoughts.

--
jon