LK404-25 specs

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

Jose Hidalgo
LCD?

LK404-25 specs

Post by Jose Hidalgo »

Hi,

I've got the LK404-25 technical manual. Unfortunately, it doesn't provide all the LK404-25 physical specs that would allow designing a case for it.

Can someone please help providing the right document ? Thanks in advance.

Jose

PS : BTW, what about a future USB version and/or some other colors for this great display ? :wink:

Clare
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clare »

Hi Jose,

Thank you for posting on the forum and for your interest in Matrix Orbital.

Currently, at this time, we do not have a detailed auto-cad drawing of the LK404-25.

However, in the technical manual, on page 61, we do not have the general dimensions of this display such as module size, display size, and character size.

We will eventually have a detailed drawing but in the mean time, if you want to email me the exact dimensions you require (if not listed above), please do so.

Email: Clare at cwagner@matrixorbital.ca

For a USB version of this display and other colors, that is something I will look into for you. Please keep in mind that we can custom make displays if that is of any interest to you.

A custom display does require MOQ's (minimum ordering quantities) and an NRE fee but it the best way to get exactly what you want.

Thank you Jose.

Kind Regards,
Clare

Jose Hidalgo
LCD?

Post by Jose Hidalgo »

Thanks Claire. Well, like I said, I'm currently working on a computer case design for the LK404-25. The front of the case will be solid brushed aluminium, 12mm thick, that I need to get machined first.

So I need to know the following things (I'll try to be clear enough) :

(1) is there some kind of overlay or protection filter that would fit the LK404-25 ? I suppose I can't just attach the LK404-25 to the front case without putting some kind of protection for the display. What would you advise ?

(2) I need to design a "front rectangular hole" which size shall be the display size (147.50 x 29.50 mm according to tech manual) PLUS a small margin to include a part of the "black area" around the display area (I don't know its technical name - "bezel area" maybe ?). Are there any official recommendations about this margin ? I intend to choose something like 2mm in all four directions (up, down, left and right), so the hole would be 151.50 x 33.50 mm. Would that be OK ?

(3) I also need to design a "back rectangular hole" which size shall be the module size (190.00 x 54 mm). But in order to attach the module to the case, I need to know the exact position and diameter of its 4 holes.

(4) the LK404-25 is composed of 2 logic boards. I need to know the side distance between the BACK of the SECOND logic board and the FRONT of the display (this distance will of course be less than 27 mm, since I suppose that the official 27 mm screen depth includes the depth of the serial DB-9 connector which is quite massive.

(5) Last but not least, I need to know the side distance between the FRONT of the FIRST logic board and the FRONT of the display, so that I can design mounting braces accordingly.

I think that getting this information would be of great help for me. Thanks in advance.

Jose

Clare
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clare »

Hi Jose,

Can you please send me an email at cwagner@matrixorbital.ca?

I will then email you the information you require.

Thank you.
Clare