MX4 HELP PLEASE

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

Teslamad
LCD?

MX4 HELP PLEASE

Post by Teslamad »

Im new to this product so im probably just stupid... Ive created many screens in the LCDC program and they run on the LCD screen, but how the heck do i get the buttons on the front of the screen to work??? Also, the temp probes that plug into the back of the screen are im guessing higher quality (added bulk), because of this added size, i can get them close enough to for example my processor. My built in temp says 90deg while the temp on LCD says 70deg... 20deg is a huge dif. If this cant be solved, is there some way to write some code that adds 20deg onto the temp before readout? Thanks :lol:

Raquel
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Raquel »

Hello Teslamad,

Thank you for posting on the forum.

It's good to hear that you have some screens created for the LCD. As per the keypad, you might want to familiarize yourself with what it does and so you maybe able to create some functions according to some key presses.

You might want to connect to uProject. You can get it from here:
http://www.matrixorbital.ca/software/so ... /uproject/

With uProject, you will be able to see the data that are associated with keypresses. Once you know these data, you then can set up LCDC. Here's the link for the LCDC forum:
http://forums.lcdc.cc/

As per the built temp compensation, please see this post:
http://www.lcdforums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3385

I hope that this helps.
Raquel Malinis
Design and Development
Matrix Orbital

Teslamad
LCD?

Post by Teslamad »

So I got the CAL plugin, but i dont know how to use it... I checked all the forms to the best of my ability so im sry if this is a repeat. To add 25 deg to the CPU temp readout, i did the temp probe + 25 and named it CPU. Then in the text editor i added the created plugin, but it still says 0.00???? Help Please

Raquel
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Raquel »

Hello Teslamad,

Did you try going to the LCDC forum? They should know more about how to use it. Sorry for not being a big help :(
Raquel Malinis
Design and Development
Matrix Orbital

Teslamad
LCD?

Post by Teslamad »

Thank you, yes someone is helping me there.

Jon
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Jon »

sorry to just jump in here, but what are you running at 90C? (just for curiousity sake really)

But back to your question about where to put the temp probes. I usually recommend that if you want to use the temp probe to monitor your cpu try placing it underneath your motherboard, and just use some tape (to try it out) and stick it right underneath where your CPU is. You will still see a difference in the temperature between the temp probe and what your motherboard is telling you, but that's about as close as it gets.
`
Another place that is a bit more usefull is to place a temp probe by your intake, and exaust fans. That way you can find out the difference between them and it will give you an over all system temperature. (that is if you only have one intake and one exaust fan)

Teslamad
LCD?

Post by Teslamad »

I actually idle at about 30 deg F which converts to 86 deg F. Yay 1/2in custom built water cooling system!

Jan Kerssen
LCD Geek

Post by Jan Kerssen »

Wow, did you mod your case into a freezer or is it build inside one?
LCDC and PID plugin are using integers when using temperature or percentage based fan controlling. The PID plugin is working very accurate.
Tried to answer your question in the LCDC forum.
Regards, Jan

Levell0rd
LCD?

Post by Levell0rd »

Teslamad wrote:I actually idle at about 30 deg F which converts to 86 deg F. Yay 1/2in custom built water cooling system!
Um, okay... I idle at 88F under air. Was it worth all the extra money?

Jon
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Jon »

Levell0rd wrote:
Teslamad wrote:I actually idle at about 30 deg F which converts to 86 deg F. Yay 1/2in custom built water cooling system!
Um, okay... I idle at 88F under air. Was it worth all the extra money?
I don't know... maybe we should put it to a poll... is water cooling worth the extra money?

Jan Kerssen
LCD Geek

Post by Jan Kerssen »

Hi all,

One could make an aquarium out of your pc including the display!

Regards, Jan