Email question

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

creepyarcade
LCD?

Email question

Post by creepyarcade »

Hello,

I have the MX620 and I am having a hard time learning how to set everything up correctly. One of the things I want done is to have the software check my email with the following rules:

-

1. Every 10 minutes my email gets checked and a screen is displayed on the unit telling me that it is checking my mail.

2. If there is no new mail then the screen dissapears after 5 seconds and the rest of my queued screens continue as normal.

3. If however there is new mail then following the checking mail screen another one pops up and tells me how many messages I have in my mail accounts (2). It would be preferable if it would tell me how many *new* ones are in my inbox instead of just listing the total and assuming they are all new... Then after 10 seconds the screen will dissapear but it will be added to my screen rotations until those emails are maked as read in my inbox.

-

I hope this is possible, I just bought this unit and while the display looks appealing and the features are nice I am finding the software difficult to understand. If you do not understand my description of what I want I will try again to make it clear. Thank you for your help...

- Kurt

Jan Kerssen
LCD Geek

Post by Jan Kerssen »

Hi,

Email configuration and how to add accounts to be found in the LCDC helpfile.
Create a screen for each of your accounts and use the screen skip function "if no mail in" and the account name in the dropdown list.
This way only the screen(s) will show which specific account(s) has mail in for the set duration.
One could also create events s.a. "on mail check start" to show a screen.
LCDC only counts the amount of messages!

Hope this helps, Jan