Do matrix O displays need plugins to show EQ for pc sound?

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

Jon
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Jon »

looking for a good equali wrote:Also - what ever happened to that canadian guy selling weed-seeds? XD - I never heard how that case turned out - the US was pretty hot for nailing him under US laws (those bastards)
He's still in Canada right now.... They haven't deported him yet, he's got a website up, to try to get more popular support. Lol this may be a bit to much of a political topic to get into on the LCD forums. But we all know how it works.... Got to keep the 'war on drugs' up.

There was thought that Canabis was close to being legalized under the Liberal party, but since the Conservative party took power earlier this year there has a been a lot of effort to block that.

looking for a good equali
LCD Geek

Post by looking for a good equali »

heh ok... I'll get back to the topic...

I've done what u told me to - but I dont know at what step u choose "sterio mix" in the mixer... If I select - in winamp - plugins->input-> nullsoft linein plug-in v3.11 - and then press configure nothing happens... Do u get any response pressing configure?

I've found out that my soundcard cant work without using its own mixer - so there is definetly no chance of solving my problem through the windows mixer...

LCD Geek

im gonna tr installing a winamp asio plugin - it just might work - i'll post the result

Jon
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Jon »

Once you have the linein plugin in winamp, which I can tell that you do right now, all you have to do is use the "CTRL + L" then Type: "LineIn://" after that just make sure that you start the LCDC->WA2 visuallization plugin.

And make sure that LCDC is running and configured for the WA2 Winamp2 Plugin

Let me know your progress after you try that... You can check if the plugin is working by opening up LCDC and clicking on "Virtual Display".

LCD Geek

"after that just make sure that you start the LCDC->WA2 visuallization plugin. " I havnt tried LCDC at all... Im expecting the eq in winamp to react to any sound after choosing the linein plugin and typing "LineIn://"... shouldnt I?

the thing is that nothing happens - the EQ is all flat - and so is the osc. furthrmore it looks like a track is being played with the title "line input" and it just keeps going - is that how its supposed to b?

Jon
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Jon »

looking for a good equali wrote:"after that just make sure that you start the LCDC->WA2 visuallization plugin. " I havnt tried LCDC at all... Im expecting the eq in winamp to react to any sound after choosing the linein plugin and typing "LineIn://"... shouldnt I?

the thing is that nothing happens - the EQ is all flat - and so is the osc. furthrmore it looks like a track is being played with the title "line input" and it just keeps going - is that how its supposed to b?
Yes the winamp eq will react if it's getting any sound. Try both the windows volume control->recording->select the master volume as well as your sound card's specific program's mixer board, if that doesn't work, I'll look for some drivers for your card, because somebody may have written better drivers for that thing.

Jon
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Jon »

Well after reading a bit more about your sound card, I can see where your delema comes from. ASIO is a better protcol for your purposes, but because it doesn't have windows support you get left high and dry.

If you can find a ASIO SDK let me know, I'm on the look for one.

EDIT: Found the ASIO SDK... written in Delphi. :-? I'll look into it, damn proprietary hardware. Maybe it'd be easier to patch the sound into a normal sound card? lol always another work around

LCD Geek

im currently looking into ASIO4ALL - some kind of program fpr patching asio sound to programs that dont really use ASIO... I couldnt find the mentioned winamp ASIO plugin anywhere on the web - I think its written by a japanese dude so its pretty hard to find - also its about 2 years old (from what I've been able to find out)

*edit - forget about ASIO4ALL - it wont sort out the problem
Last edited by looking for a good equali on Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LCD Geek

"Maybe it'd be easier to patch the sound into a normal sound card?" <- what do u mean?

u mean that perhpas I should some sort of 2xsound card setup to sort out the problem? - cause im not really interested in that - that would degrade the sound quality of my 1820M card... dunno if thats what u mean but im not liking the idea

Jon
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Jon »

I was thinking if you had an onboard sound card, or a free PCI slot u could throw a generic sound card in there, and run a cable from the line out on your card to the line in on the other card. You could have a T splitter on the line out, or you could go from a seperate mixing board to the line in on the generic sound card. Basically the seperate sound card would be sitting there just to allow you some windows compatibility.

I'll look at the ASIO Delphi SDK that is available on the net, maybe a .NET wrapper for it won't be that difficult... but then again maybe it will be. hard to say.

LCD Geek

oh...I get it - its a cunning plan indeed - and it just might work! I can still take the sound output from the 1820M-card so it will be the same sound I send to my amp.
I'll test it right away - only thing that could actually go wrong is if the 2 audiocards will interfere with eachother and cause errors or plain just dont work---

LCD Geek

Its working :D... I just had to choose the onboard-sound card as the recording device and leave the old 1820M as the playback device :wink: ... My only problem now is that the onboard-card is so crappy that the EQ characteristics in winamp are somewhat blurred - I better look for an used average/above average soundcard to do that part for me...

Well... thx for all ur help Jonathan - I've never experienced this much service from any store ever :D. U guys now have yet another pro-thing to sell ur products with - and reviewers like toms hardware guide wont have a single negative thing to say about ur displays (if u point out in ur sales material that they can show an EQ for all sound).

All thats left for me to do now is to place my order and find a new media-player - cause im planning to have winamp running all the time with that line-in feature activated so the EQ will always b there when I switch to EQ-mode on the display...

btw - about changing display color on the MX6 series - can it b done? I want the color to be bright blue like the leds on that "3-led" accesserie.... Also - what do u think shipment would cost - from Canada to Denmark?

thx 4 everything (and thx to Nick 2 :P ) - u guys provide great service

Jon
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Jon »

Glad I could be of some help. Now I require your soul :evil:

But seriously, it'll be apx 30 bucks USD (I got quoted 30.80 USD to Copenhagen) for shipping to Denmark. PLEDs (MX6's) only come in the one color, if you need a blue one look at a MX2 or 4. Personally I have a MX6 at home and a MX2 here and I prefer the MX6 because it's brighter so it can be read easier. That and it can be seen from more extreme angles.

I'm still going to be playing around with that code so when/if I get a demo working I'll give you a web url to try it out.

LCD Geek

ok...I'll buy the stuff from some european shop then - u already gave me a link to a distributer....

hmmm.... mayby I should just go for the MX6 then - too bad about the colors though. Any chance of a color-filter for the MX6 ever happening?

"I'm still going to be playing around with that code so when/if I get a demo working I'll give you a web url to try it out." <- I'll be cheking the forum reguraly then - not having winamp to use (cause its dedicated to monitering line-in feed in the setup im gonna run) kinda sux :/... do u think that perhaps windows media player could be used to monitor line-in instead? - im gonna look for plugins for WMP after sending this post.

shayking
LCD?

Post by shayking »

@ Jon: so with that Winamp wave/all sounds Spectrum analyzer.

Will i still have the option to default WMP11 for mp3 etc.?,
and all is required, is to have winamp running in the back ground.?
ty