Logging temperatures

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

philg
LCD?

Logging temperatures

Post by philg »

Hi,

I have the MX401 and it works great with LCDC and LCD Smartie..
But I want to log, to a file, the temperaturs from the (up to) 32 temp sensors connected to the display.

Are there any plugins to do this, or am I going to have to write my own software to interface to the display and provide tmep logging :(

Thanks,
Phil

Tom
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Tom »

Hi Phil,

Thanks for posting on the forum.

You can do plugin request for LCDC at http://forums.lcdc.cc/index.php?showforum=7

If you have anymore questions, please feel free to post them.

Best Regards,

philg
LCD?

Post by philg »

Hi Tom,

The main quiery was weather it was possible... I have been looking at LCD Smartie in the last day or so... It does not even support reading the temp's on the MX4's I2C bus.... But its open source, so I took it upon myself to download Delphi, and implement funcitons in it to read the temps...

And it works!

But, now I have delphi, and maybe a really backward programming style (I last wrote Pascal cose 10yr's ago - and now is my first look at Delphi) I will write my own plugin.

It's a real shame that LCDC does not expose a plugin architecture that allows DLL'd to be written and compiled by any language - it kind'a block's creativity!... Ho hum...

I will probably posty again if I manage to achive my goal.
Im still wondering if LCDC plugins can support grabbing variable and doing things with them (because normally that would be considered "to the screen" only).... We shall see.

Thanks for your reply.
Phil