lcd 4041 manual override

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

ghost2501
LCD Guru

lcd 4041 manual override

Post by ghost2501 »

I have a several lcd4041 and one dosent seem to recognize in lcdc. They all have the matrix orbital logo startup except this one it just has a blinking cursor. I can send text in test mode but when I try to autodetect it prints a XarrowX with the x's overlined and the word arrow is an arrow. I use the display tuner software and it just types reandom characters but only once in a while.

It was suggested I use manual override but the display I have has 4 sets of jumpers on 4 sets of headers. The manual says to turn off the display and put a jumper on but it already has 4 jumpers. I have 2 other displays withthe 4 jumpers on so i dont think that is the problem.

also both programs show the baud rate at 19200 as far as I can tell but according to the manual it says to change the rs-232 port setting to the desired baud rate. but what software do I use or how do I do that.

The pic is of the 4 jumpers where the manual shows only 1 set of headers and no jumpers. I tried removing all the jumpers and folowing the instrucions but it didnt seem to work.
Attachments
display-4-rgt.jpg
display-4-rgt.jpg (27.93 KiB) Viewed 5687 times

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

Where did you get these old displays!?!?! wow.... heh... LCDC will probably not detect the old LCD4041... remove the first and last jumper from the block, that should set it to 19.200 I believe... The LCD4041 in that picture has jumper control speed and has no manual over ride.
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

ghost2501
LCD Guru

Post by ghost2501 »

I got theese from a nice guy who's father owns an auction or reclamation business type deal.

anyway theese displays work great on lcdc just the one that isnt connecting. Winamp is neat with 40 characters for the EQ.

I actually found out that my mx412 was interfering with me running both so i unplugged it. also I cannot get it to respond like I said erlier withthe test. I get nothing with this display and those other results I get with my mx pl ggued in on all 4 other displays.

I guess should I abandon this one? also can i swithch my mx412 to run on a different com port it wants to run on com1 and so does this lcd4041

ghost2501
LCD Guru

Post by ghost2501 »

I tried taking off the jumpers on the end and there was no difference. Any other suggestions? It would be a shame to have to abandon this display. I can run the winamp EQ bars across the whole display at 20 or the highest frame rate and they dont skip a beat.

Tom
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Tom »

You can run the bar graphs, but you can't display text properly?

ghost2501
LCD Guru

Post by ghost2501 »

No I can not run the graphs or anything on this display I have 4 other ones though. I am just wondering why 4 displays work and one seems just not to communicate and dosent respond.

Tom
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Tom »

If you tried to remove the first and last jumper, and you didn't get the proper communications, then it looks asthough you have a hardware error. Since it is a really old display, there is a cost for repairing the unit. Email me at support@matrixorbital, if you want to repair the unit.