MX330 Display Issue

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

grueher
LCD?

MX330 Display Issue

Post by grueher »

Hello everybody,

I am having a problem with my new MX330 VFD. It seems that every time I start up my computer the display works for about 20 minutes and then mysteriously shuts off until I completely turn off my system and turn it back on. It appears just restarting the machine won't revive the display. I am wondering if this is a USB problem or a problem with the VFD. Anybody else have this issue?

I have installed the new drivers and the display works well when it wants to. I appreciate any help on this subject, thank you.

- Christopher

Nick
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Nick »

grueher,

Thanks for posting! Have you checked your LCDC settings. There is an option for the display to time-out after so long. Let me know if that helps.

Nick
Nick Hesson
Sales Rep.
Matrix Orbital

grueher
LCD?

Post by grueher »

Nope, it seems to be something driver related - it turns off at a certain time after startup and it won't turn back on even if I fiddle with the LCDC settings and such. It won't even force a display. I've updated both drivers associated with the USB device, I am not sure if the USB controller from the motherboard has anything to do with it. I have an Asus A8N-SLI premium.

Any help would be much appreciated, thank you.

- Chris

Tom
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Tom »

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers and the registry entries?

The location of the registry entries is at
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\FTSER2K
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\FTDIBUS

Also do you have any conflicting drivers in device manager?

grueher
LCD?

Post by grueher »

I've tried that twice now, and each time I start up the computer the display & LCDC starts up right and works well, then about 15~20min later it will shut off. There are no discrepencies with my hardware and everything is properly installed. I appreciate any other troubleshooting advice you can give, thank you.

- Chris

Tom
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Tom »

Hi grueher,

The backlight on for x minutes might be on for your MX330. You can try the following steps.

1) Downloading uproject http://www.matrixorbital.ca/software/so ... /uproject/

2) Execute uproject, and connect to your display.

3) Go to the remember tab, and there is a "remember" soft key. Click on it.

4) There are commands that you can turn on. Check on "Backlight on for 0 minutes" This will enable your backlight to be on all the time. When the backlight is turned off, it turns off the vfd.

Let me know how this works for you.

Best Regards,