MX212 and Fans GPO problem

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

thefloyd666
LCD?

MX212 and Fans GPO problem

Post by thefloyd666 »

I added a pair of Zalman ZM-F2 92mm fans to my system and connected them to High Power GPOs 1 and 3 I connected a third 92mm fan that I had laying around to GPO 2. When I powered up my computer, instead of the usual startup screen on the MX 212, I was instead greeted with a bunch of solid white boxes. When the computer booted into windows and LCDC took over, the backlight shut off. My two new fans were running, but my fan on GPO 2 was not. I shut down LCDC, restarted it and attempted to send a backlight on command to the mx212 without success. I then tried to autodetect the mx212 and LCDC could not detect it. I shut down the PC, disconnected the fan from GPO 2 and restarted the system. This time I was greeted with the usual welcome screen the mx212, except now it had a few odd characters on it. When LCDC took control everything seemed fine for about a minute, but then the mx212 started cutting out and the 2 fans still connected started speeding up and then slowing back down again. Each time the fans speed up, the display wigs out, sometimes briefly showing the power up screen. Its as if the power is cutting in and out or something.
I'm at loss for what to do. I've checked my settimgs for the GPOs in LCDC, my floppy power connector is connected. The jumper is on the high power position. I have 12V at the floppy power connector and at GPO 1 (the only one I tested) I cannot make GPO 2 power any fan, and if I have fans connected to GPOs 1 or 3, the display wigs out as I mentioned above, so at the moment I have no fans attached to the MX212 and it works great. Any help would be greatly appretiated.

Tom
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Tom »

Hi thefloyd666,

Thank you for posting on the forum.

Are you using an internal or external usb cable?

thefloyd666
LCD?

Post by thefloyd666 »

I'm using the external cable. After reading a few other posts on here, I decided to uninstall and reinstall LCDC and the drivers for the mx212. After reinstallation, I reconfigured LCDC and the mx212 and then reintroduced it to my fans one by one. Now everything is working correctly. It seems a reinstall solved all of my problems except one. The keypad on the mx212 has become sluggish. I have to hold each key for about 3 seconds in order to get them to respond.

Raquel
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Raquel »

Hello thefloyd666,

I am glad to hear that your problem has been fixed.

For the keypad problem, please try setting the debounce time. It can be done by cmd 254/85/8. 8 is the recommended value for setting debounce time that would result to 52ms.
Raquel Malinis
Design and Development
Matrix Orbital