Help picking out a model

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

eldurso
LCD?

Help picking out a model

Post by eldurso »

Hey. I just randomly stumbled accross these products and they seem interesting. That being said I would like to purchase one. The only problem is I cant decide which model to get because I can't find any differences between them.

I am thinking of the MX500 series for the 4 line display. But what is the advantage of getting that one over the 400 series. Looks exactly the same to me. Also if I get one of them that doesn't have buttons on the front how to can I tell the display to change?

I would greatly appreciate any help. I want this unit to display system temps atleast and i know all of them do that but any other cool functions would be nice. Either way if someone could help with this that owul dbe awesome or even atelast point me to some good sources of information on these things. Not much info is posted on the Matrix Orbital website.

Jon
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

MX4 vs MX5

Post by Jon »

Hey Eldurso,

I'll try to break down the difference between the MX4 and the MX5 for you. As you can tell they are both the same size and fit into 2 5"1/4 bays. The difference between them however is that the MX4 uses an LCD display model LK204-24-USB and the MX5 uses a VFD model VK204-24-USB. VFDs are a newer technology and as a result are superior in many ways. The best thing about VFD displays is that you can see them from any angle (160 degrees), wheras LCDs can only be viewed from a 60 degree viewing angle. VFDs also refresh faster than LCDs because LCDs will begin to ghost at high refresh rates.

You'll be able to control any of our displays that do not have a keypad right through the LCDC software that comes with our MX series displays. LCDC can be set up to monitor all sorts of events on your computer, some of the more complex events may take a little time to master but that's half the fun.

I hope that answers your question. If you have any more questions, ask away.

eldurso
LCD?

MX5 vs MX6

Post by eldurso »

Ok, so I gotta decide between the MX5 and the MX6 lines. The MX6 line looks like a very bright and vibrant display but the MX5 has 4 lines of text vs 2. The only problem with the MX5 is that from the pictures it doesn't seem very bright. Are they really not all that bright in comparison to the MX6's or do these pictures not do it justice?

Thanks

Adam
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Adam »

Hello Eldurso,

You are correct that the pictures do not really do the display justice. One will never be able to truly capture the exact brightness and clarity of a display. It always will look better in person so to speak. A perosn can however adjust the brightness or contrast to suit there individual needs. I am quite sure you would be happy with either display. Thank you for your posts and let us know if you have any other questions.

Best Regards
Adam L.
Sales Manager
Matrix Orbital

A nod is as good as a wink to a blind bat.