PK series: Larger than 20 X 2?

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

jim.lawson
LCD?

PK series: Larger than 20 X 2?

Post by jim.lawson »

When are we likely to see a PLED display that is larger than 20X2 characters? (Or did I just miss it)

Just wondering...
Jim

Bernie
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Bernie »

Hello Jim, thank you for contacting Matrix Orbital.

PLED technology is still fairly new to the industry and we have yet to find a larger, "quality" (4 x 20) display that we are satisfied with. Our engineering team is working hard to provide the latest and greatest display technology to our customers and we do hope to release larger sizes and possibly colored PLED's in the future.

Please feel to keep in touch through our website(s) and forums for new product release and updates.

New technical support site:
www.matrixorbital.ca

Please feel free to contact us with any additiional questions or concerns.
Regards,
Bernadine :)

jim.lawson
LCD?

PK202-24-USB color?

Post by jim.lawson »

OK, thanks. Speaking of colors, the catalog site lists the text color for the PK202-24-USB as "Yellow/Green". Does that mean:

the text color for a particular unit is selectable between yellow or green (controlled by application)

the text color for a particular unit is either yellow or green, you choose when you purchase

the text color for all PK202-24-USBs is a yellowish shade of green :-)

One other question: in another post someone from MO said that because PLED is a newer technology, the life expectancy for a unit is not that of LCD or VF. What is the current rated hours for the PK202-24-USB?

Thanks for your help. It's great to get such good pre-sales support.
Jim

Bernie
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Bernie »

Hello, our PLED's are Yellow/Green text. The background is black and the text is not a clear green nor a clear yellow....which makes it really a yellowy/greeny color....If that make sense to you!? :lol:

The pictures on are site are a fairly good indication of the actual color of text:
http://www.matrixorbital.com/index.php? ... cter-pleds

Your question/concern about the PLED's life expectancy is correct.....they are not near that of the LCD's or VFD's. The PLED's are currently rated at approx. 20,000hrs. Keep in mind this is not when the unit will fail but when it is expected or estimated to loss some of it's effectiveness/brightness. And "WOW"!....I must add....are they bright!......with extraordinary viewing angles! As mentioned above, we do hope to improve on that (life expectancy) feature as well.

Your welcome, anytime...that is what we are here for....pls. feel free to post/request any additional future inquiries that you may have.

Regards,
Bernadine

jace055
LCD!

Post by jace055 »

I there any word on when a 20 x 4 PLED display would be available?

Clare
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clare »

Hi jace005,
Thank you for your post. That is an excellent question. At this time, we do not carry a 20X4 PLED display, however, I am following up for you on this request and will let you know the status of this display.
We are continually working on our product range and welcome any requests!
Thanks jace005 and I will be in touch.
Clare

Clare
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clare »

Hi again jace005,
At this time we still do not have a time estimate on when we will have the 20X4 PLED display available for sale. What can I say? We are perfectionists! I will post when I have a further update.
Clare :D