LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

blackster
LCD?

Winamp Problems

Post by blackster »

Hi Everyone, just purchased the Matrix Orbital MX630 PLED LCD model

I've managed to install the usb drivers ok and get the display working fine

However I cannot get winamp to display the artist and song title, I'm running winamp version 5.07 Pro, I've put the DLL file in the folder as it says but all I'm getting is "CHANGING TRACK 1 of 1" Displayed when playing anything

I'm very new to this so please could anyone help

Thanks

Pete

Tom
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Tom »

Hi blackster,

Thank you for posting on the forum.

Have you enabled the plugin? Go to winamp preferences and click on plugins then put a checkmark by: Auto-execute visualation plug-in on play.

Best Regards,

blackster
LCD?

Post by blackster »

Tom wrote:Hi blackster,

Thank you for posting on the forum.

Have you enabled the plugin? Go to winamp preferences and click on plugins then put a checkmark by: Auto-execute visualation plug-in on play.

Best Regards,
Hi Tom,

I've done that and I;m still getting the same display

When I open winamp, All I get is two logos at either side with "Changing Track" on the top line and "1 of 1" on the bottom, and there is a logo on each side of the text

I cannot get any track names, times or anything else to display

Tom
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Tom »

Pete,

Which winamp plugin are you using winamp2 or winamp3? Did you program the track name in the screen builder?

blackster
LCD?

Post by blackster »

I'm using "Winamp 2" plugin as my version of winamp does not have a "WAC" directory so I'm using Winamp 2.

The Winamp version I'm using is 5.07 Pro and I'm running the Modern standard skin

I've had a look in screen builder and theres Winamp 1 to 10, 1 and 2 are showing as "plugin active" although 3 to 10 are showing "inactive"

Please could you tell me which one of those should have the track name inserted into.

Thanks

Pete

Tom
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Tom »

Pete,

I have used Winamp 5 with LCDC. You need to copy the LCDC_WA2_Visuals.DLL file into the winamp's plugin file. The file is part of the winamp 2 driver. You will need to start the winamp plugin after you have installed it. The picture below will show you how to start the plugin. You can also get additional information at http://www.lcdc.cc/help/plugin_WA2.htm

You can then use the winamp 2 plugin on LCDC. I suggest you experiment with a new screen builder page instead of the example to learn how to use it better. The winamp 1 to 10 are just the names of each screen.

Best Regards,
Attachments
Winamp LCDC set up.JPG
Winamp LCDC set up.JPG (41.7 KiB) Viewed 7903 times

blackster
LCD?

Post by blackster »

Tom, I've done all you`ve said and im still getting these messages, i've playing around with it for hours now and it's getting on my nerves to say the least.

I've installed all the plugins, installed 3 versions of winamp, reinstalled LCDC twice but still the same.

I've done everything on http://www.lcdc.cc/help/plugin_WA2.htm

Has anyone else on here had this problem?

Tom
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Tom »

Pete,

Can you describe to me what you have done, when attempting to setup the winamp2 plugin? I like to use the winamp 2 plugin just because it is compatible with winamp5.

Jan Kerssen
LCD Geek

WA

Post by Jan Kerssen »

Don"t be offended, did you make the proper Events in Screenbuilder to link to that specific screen? Like locking to group, changing track and so on?