External Case

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

OLLI_S
LCD!

External Case

Post by OLLI_S »

Hello,

I have the Matrix Orbital USB-LCD MX2 and showed it to all my friends and clan members (we are a bigger clan with 30 people).

I have 2 friends that I already "convinced" and that bought already a Matrix Orbital USB-LCD MX2.

But i also have 10 users who want to buy a Matrix Orbital USB-LCD MX2, but only when it is delivered/available in an external case.

So they can put the display in the external case, pit the case on their desk (on the monitor or beside of the monitor) .
So they can read all values and temperatures beside the monitor and then control the display (the keypad) without loosing eye contact while gaming.

If we have a match, we can send us each other messages to the display of the other clan member (one of them is a programmer and he is working on a plugin for LCDC) and they also can whatch the net traffic and other values while gaming.

I also would prefer to have my Matrix Orbital USB-LCD MX2 in an external case on my desk, so I also can control the fans of my water cooled system without "sinking under the table".

What do you say?

You just need an external case, that can be connectesd to the PC by USB.
If the power, that an USB port provides, is not enough, add a second USB cable to get more power or add an external power supply.

Please consider this idea carefully and please construct such a case.

Greetings

Oliver Sahr

Bernie
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Bernie »

Hello, thank you for contacting Matrix Orbital. We have considered the idea of a enclosure design here at Matrix Orbital, however, our displays are used in a wide variety of applications that do not alway require the same specification for mounting etc. We will continue to explore this idea, with our engineering team, and discuss our viable options internally. Keep in mind it may be sometime before a forecast date would be available due to our current pending designs and new releases.

Please feel free to keep in contact with me direct (email below) and I will do my best to keep you informed of the possibility of a future enclosure design, as per your feedback.

Regards,
Bernadine
berniew@matrixorbital.ca