Load LCDC Automatically on Windows Startup?

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

walkinginfog
LCD?

Load LCDC Automatically on Windows Startup?

Post by walkinginfog »

I would like LCDC to load automatically upon Windows startup so that I do not have to start it manually whenever I turn my computer on. Is this possible? The online manual does not appear to cover this.

I also have another unrelated question: How do I cause a plugin that does not appear in the LCDC screenbuilder list to appear there so that I can select it? When I click on the "+" to add a screen, no choice as to which screen I would like to add is offered--just a generic "screen ##" appears.

Tom
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Tom »

Hi walkinginfog,

It's 100% possible to get LCDC to load on startup. To get LCDC to load upon startup you must go into Configuration/Test, and the function will be in the "Page 1" LCDC defaults section. You will have the option to turn on LCDC at start up there. You will also have other defaults you can configure.

To get a plugin to show up or disappear in the screen builder, you must go to Configuration/Test. If you highlight the plugin selection, you will be able to check on or off the plugins you want in screen builder.

If you have anymore questions or concerns, please feel free to post.

Best Regards,
:D

walkinginfog
LCD?

LCDC at Windows Startup Loads Two Icons In System Tray

Post by walkinginfog »

Thank you for your reply. LCDC is successfully loading at startup and I was also able to load and configure the desired plugin successfully, though only after much experimentation. However, upon startup two LCDC icons appear in the system tray, one of which has a 1 at its center. It would seem that only one LCDC icon should load at startup. I looked at the startup tab under msconfig and found two entries for LCDC, yet unchecking one of them does not help because it returns after restarting. How can I eliminate the extra one?

Jan Kerssen
LCD Geek

Post by Jan Kerssen »

One can copy LCDC many times if you are running more devices.
Look in Program Files if there are 2 LCDC directories.
Delete the second one.
Always make a backup of your Command File (Screens and Events) and your home-made CC files (custom characters).
To save your precious screens and a LOT of work in case things go wrong.
Regards, Jan

Mat-Moo
LCD Guru

Post by Mat-Moo »

Not quite right :) LCDC is capable of running multiple copies to run multiple screens. Double clicl the LCDC (1) icon then stop it, go into the config screen, and remove the "Load at startup" for that copy. THen just quit and it should be sorted.
## # Mat # ##
LCDC - Drive it to the edge baby!
http://www.lcdc.cc
Matthew@DPS.uk.com
DPS Ltd. (Not MO!)

Jan Kerssen
LCD Geek

Post by Jan Kerssen »

I only hope I did not make this guy doing something desastrous!
I'll stick to my screens! Thanks, Jan

walkinginfog
LCD?

LCDC at Windows Startup Loads Two Icons In System Tray

Post by walkinginfog »

Thank you mat-d-rat. I followed your instruction and, as I wished, now just one copy of LCDC is running.

Julian
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Julian »

This is some-what unrelated but...
you mention backing up the display file, what is the default name ? and is there a "save as" option that i am missing ?

also, i think this might be a wishlist item... getting LCDC to check E-mail at startup ? (in addition to checking at intervals)

Mat-Moo
LCD Guru

Post by Mat-Moo »

The file name for the current file is in the screen builder screen "LCDC - Screen Builder "xxxx.lcdc.cf" where xxxx is the filename part (normally stored in the lcdc folder)

Email is checked 1 minute after startup then at set periods after that...
## # Mat # ##
LCDC - Drive it to the edge baby!
http://www.lcdc.cc
Matthew@DPS.uk.com
DPS Ltd. (Not MO!)

Julian
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Julian »

Thank you