So..what's the deal...

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

milarepa
LCD?

So..what's the deal...

Post by milarepa »

Just received my VK204-24-USB. All went correctly for the install. Put in the supplied CD and half the stuff wont load...no manuals, bad HTML links..blah blah blah. Click on the LCDC software link to download. NO WHERE DO I SEE ANYTHING about how to get a code registration etc. on the MATRIX site or the LCDC site. What's the deal...I have to purchase software now? NO COPY of LCDC came on my little CD...Just a link to downlaod. Then this blurb about getting a new key...oh..and try to find on THAT forum where it tells you how to get a new key..What a pain...

Mat-Moo
LCD Guru

Post by Mat-Moo »

Did you buy a bare screen, or a MX kit? LCDC keys ONLY come with MX kits.
## # Mat # ##
LCDC - Drive it to the edge baby!
http://www.lcdc.cc
Matthew@DPS.uk.com
DPS Ltd. (Not MO!)

milarepa
LCD?

Post by milarepa »

Well...to me it's a kit. This was my order:
VK204-24-USB
GRY 204 Filter
B2041-BL Aluminum Insert
Internal USB cable
CD Rom

Now..was it a pre assembled MX5XX series?...Well..Maybe not...I did not see a pre-assembled unit with the VK204-24 display, aluminum face PC insert and grey filter offered. So I spent more money to get the kit how I wanted it. Are you saying I should have ordered a less expensive kit so I can get the software license???

Tom
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Tom »

Hi Milarepa,

Thank you for posting at the forums.

Unfortunately the LCDC key only comes with the MX series display. You can purchase the LCDC key at http://www.lcdc.cc/purchase.htm . I apologize for any inconvenience this caused you.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at support@matrixorbital.ca . You may also contact sales@matrixorbital.ca for any sales related questions.

Best Regards,

milarepa
LCD?

Post by milarepa »

Wow...that's really great marketing. No where did I read on the Matrix site that I HAD to purchse a MX kit for the software license. So...I spend WAY more money to get a VCD with the options I want...Since the website did not offer them...then I get to spend MORE money so I use the thing. So now...I will have paid over $200.00 US Not including shipping to have what I need. I guess I should have bought the cheaper model. Next time...I'll buy the LIS II for half the money....great support...

Adam
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Adam »

Hello Milarepa,
I am sorry you feel like you have been you have been wronged here. If you look at our site nowhere does it say that our units come with the LCDC software except for the MX series where it clearly states that it is part of the retail product. General software comes with our base units to help developers get there projects up and running. Developers have different requirements for software and as such choose to make there own. This is the reason LCDC does not come with all our units.

The reason some of the links may not be working at this time is that we have recently launched a new web site which will help our customers out better. These links will be fixed in a short time as we work are way through the kinks.

As far as buying a competitors model you will definitely save yourself money. However you will also find that they use cheaper parts, have less then effective software, do not warranty there product for as long as ours, and have little to no technical support. This coming from customers who bought the competitors product looking to save a dollar or two only to find that the product is less then acceptable. Unless you sell the unit you bought I think you will find that it lasts you a long time and as such there will be no need to spend you hard earned money on a lessor product.

You have posted here a couple times today and have had three different people write you back. I would say that is very good support for our customers and for you.

Please feel free to post again if you have any other questions or concerns. We are always willing to listen to our customers.
Adam L.
Sales Manager
Matrix Orbital

A nod is as good as a wink to a blind bat.