Temp probes

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

ianschillebeeckx
LCD?

Temp probes

Post by ianschillebeeckx »

Hey i haven't boughten any of the products yet but i was wondering how many temp probes you can stick on one of the LCD screens. Im either ganna buy the MX 431 http://www.matrixorbital.com/pages/prod ... ductID=120 or the MX 232 http://www.matrixorbital.com/pages/prod ... oductID=97.
O and i was wondering if you could run more than one LCD on a system.
-Ian

Tom
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Tom »

For the MX 431 you can have up to 6 temp probes, and for the MX 232 you can have 4 temp probes.

Yes, you could have more than one LCD on a system. You can create many virtual com ports as you can depending on the number of displays you use. For example if you are going to use 5 displays you can create 5 virtual com ports.

ianschillebeeckx
LCD?

Ok so they say its a usb LCD does that mean power comes from the usb as well?
-Ian

Tom
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Tom »

For the Mx4 series you need an alternate unmodified floppy power connection. For the Mx2 you can power via standard USB cable; however, if you want to use a high power GPOs you would need an unmodified flopply power connection.

Hope you find this information useful. :D

ianschillebeeckx
LCD?

By "an alternate unmodified floppy power connection" do you mean just a regular floppy drive connect. Or is it the kind you sell at your site?
-Ian

Tom
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Tom »

It's a standard power cable that most power supplies have available. You may also purchase power cable from our website. The link is posted below.

http://www.matrixorbital.com/pages/acce ... sp?CatID=5

ianschillebeeckx
LCD?

Alright thats all. Thank you
-Ian

Tom
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Tom »

Glad to help you out. If you have anymore questions, you can always ask. :D

at_mosby
LCD?

Post by at_mosby »

Tom wrote:For the Mx4 series you need an alternate unmodified floppy power connection. For the Mx2 you can power via standard USB cable; however, if you want to use a high power GPOs you would need an unmodified flopply power connection.

Hope you find this information useful. :D
Slightly confused here. My MX412 is running just fine plugged into the USB port. Please help me get less confused!

Thanks!
My day today? Nothing major, just Xenon base gone, Scorpio gone,
Tarrant dead, Tarrant alive and then I found out Blake sold us out.

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

at_mosby wrote:
Tom wrote: if you want to use a high power GPOs you would need an unmodified flopply power connection.
Slightly confused here. My MX412 is running just fine plugged into the USB port. Please help me get less confused!

Thanks!
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

Johnny
LCD Guru

Post by Johnny »

Tom wrote:For the MX 431 you can have up to 6 temp probes, and for the MX 232 you can have 4 temp probes.
In theory you can connect up to 256 probes to one connection by connecting the probes in serial. One wire devices each have an individual ID which will show up in LCDC to allow each sensor to be programmed.

Therefore you can have many more than just 6 probes attached to just one header. :wink:
I prefer to have a bottle in front of me than a full frontal Labotomy!

Check ma Bad, Invisible, Bail making Self!