Contrast woes

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

danmagicman7
LCD?

Contrast woes

Post by danmagicman7 »

Hey guys! I bought my LCD screen a while back, around christmas time with my new rig! I LOVE it. Have absolutly no problems with it. Untill about a month ago. The display kept on getting darker (blue background white text) And i tried to bump down the contrast in LCDC as well as your own LCD tester with no luck. The unit is fully functioning besides the display. I can press the keys on the keypad and watch the results in virtual display, I can turn the backlight on and off from LCDC, but the display is all but white boxes. I tried unplugging the display from the unit and plugging it back in again, no issues. The device is displaying properly in device manager, etc, etc.

Is it really a dead screen? I would be very sad b/c i have a lan party in a few days and want to show it off!

I have...

Matrix Orbital MX212 USB v2 w/ Baybus

All settings in LCDC are correct, the display just isnt working right. I am thinking something hardware related. Just to be sure i tried re plugging in the display connection into different positions other than the default, but no matter wh at the display is STILL pure white. Is there a reset switch or something on the device? or is my baby broken :cry:

Bernie
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Bernie »

Hello, please feel free to contact our tech support/RMA dept direct. Miles and/or Tom will be happy to help you out a.s.a.p.:

myero@matrixorbital.ca
or
(403)229-2737 x110

Regards,
Bernadine

danmagicman7
LCD?

Post by danmagicman7 »

Before i RMA it i want to be 100% sure that the screen IS in fact broken. Is there any reset on the MX 212 models? any jumper or anything? I would love to get it fixed by thursday...LAN party then!

danmagicman7
LCD?

Post by danmagicman7 »

Is there anything i can try before i RMA it? Just to make SURE everything is OK

Tom
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

LCD

Post by Tom »

Unfortunately we suspect a hardware problem is the culprit. If you can contact us at support@matrixorbital.ca and we will do our best to fix your problem.