USB LK202-24 cpu usage sky rockets?

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

Jbeaus
LCD?

USB LK202-24 cpu usage sky rockets?

Post by Jbeaus »

We are trying to connect multiple LK202-24 USB lcds to a Windows XP computer. It is a dual cpu box with 832mb. When we connected them, and opened the ports using VC++, the cpu use in task manager went nuts.

We wanted to have 40+ lcds connected and open. We would update the text every 4 seconds. When I try to do that, the cpu usage is close to 80%.

So we tried to open just one port, to one lcd. Thinking cpu time was due to all of the ports we had open. If necessary, one port at a time would be ok.

However, opening one port, not doing any read or write to the port, and the cpu usage goes from 10% to 24%. As soon as I close the port the lcd is connected to, the cpu use drops back down.

Unfortunately, this is taking needed cpu time from our actual application which runs conveyors and gates to sort pieces of mail.

A thread called 'SYSTEM' is taking all the time. I am guessing it has something to do with usb and/or drivers.

I am using the new matrix v11 drivers.

Any suggestions?

Miles
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Miles »

Hello...

I'll look into to it and get you an answer quickly...!! :D This is a problem I'm not familiar with and will have to investigate further. :wink:
Miles Y.
Head of Technical Support
Product Manager
Matrix Orbital