Installation issues

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

Romale
LCD?

Installation issues

Post by Romale »

just got the mx213 tried to install it right quick, everything installed fine except the serial usb driver, i looked over documentation for what little time i fiddled with it and documentation pointed at a diffrent file for the driver then the one the software tried to install, i installed it the installers way, didn't work, went back tried to point it to hte file that the documentation showed and it would accept it any advice? using XP prof
EDIT: ill add the file names when i get off of work, just thought i'd throw it out there now to see if someone already knows what im talking about:p

silentcircuit
LCD?

Post by silentcircuit »

I am having this same problem. I have the Matrix Orbital MX221 USB and I am running win2k. I have installed the drivers just as it says to in the install file on the cd. But it does not give me a new port. Also my reg# on my matrix orbital cd for LCDC doesnt work. Can someone please help. Thanks.

Romale
LCD?

FILE NAMES

Post by Romale »

File Names: the one the installation software is asking for is ftser2k, the one the html page refrences when showing step by step setup is ftdiport.inf, i dont know if this is causing hte problem again its just not installing the serial usb on xp
also the exact error message is
the name is already in use as either a service namer or a service display name

Miles
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Miles »

Hello...

Try the suggestions at this link and let me know how you make out: http://www.lcdforums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1016

As for registering LCDC you must go to the site on the peice of paper with your unit (Mx quick install guide) and enter your key (the one that is on the eCD)...then just follow the steps...
Miles Y.
Head of Technical Support
Product Manager
Matrix Orbital

Romale
LCD?

Post by Romale »

yea i noticed that right before i came here, i didn't look at forums hard enough sorry , it worked and installed it properly thnx

Miles
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Miles »

Glad to hear everything worked out...Enjoy!!!
Miles Y.
Head of Technical Support
Product Manager
Matrix Orbital