MX212 WINDOWS XP PROBLEM

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

ching2201
LCD?

MX212 WINDOWS XP PROBLEM

Post by ching2201 »

Looks like I'm having the same problem as alot of people with my New MX212. After several attempts with various versions I'm about ready to give up. I just cant get that exclamation mark to go away on the usb serial driver installation. Does anyone have any clues? My next step would be to wipe windows and start from scratch. I've never had any hardware issues that have take this long to figure out with XP. I may even attempt to move the unit to another OS to see if it actually works (I'm fairly sure it will) FYI..i've tried the drivers on the CD, V10 and V11 all with no luck...

ching

Miles
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Miles »

Hello,

Check out this link: http://www.lcdforums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1032 and let me know if it works...
Miles Y.
Head of Technical Support
Product Manager
Matrix Orbital

ching2201
LCD?

tried it...........

Post by ching2201 »

but it didnt work and I still got the same results. I'm going to attempt to re-install windows tonight and see if that get's me anywhere. I have two other machines at home with no other ancilliary hardware attached and I'll see if I can get it running there as well. Any other input you can provide would be great, I would just like to get this thing working :)

josh

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

on the clean install make sure you use the drivers from the forum here!!!
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

ching2201
LCD?

Thanks

Post by ching2201 »

During the first installation try I used the CD drivers...I did an uninstall each time and then re-installed with the V10 and the V11 drivers...can the old drivers still exist on the system? just curious, will know more in a few hours.

thanks

josh

Miles
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Miles »

let us know when you find out...
Miles Y.
Product Manager
Matrix Orbital

ching2201
LCD?

clean installation worked

Post by ching2201 »

everything seems to be working, took a completely clean installation of XP pro and the 212 was the first piece of hardware I installed. Copied the latest drivers to a floppy and went from there. just a pain to install windows all over again. now I just have to figure out how to program the damn thing and then I'm golden.

crowcell
LCD?

Post by crowcell »

my usb driver is not working and it gives me an error when i try to install the v10 drivers, somebody help!! TIA

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

Take a look at the top of the forum where it says USB DRIVERS!!!!!
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

crowcell
LCD?

Post by crowcell »

i did, it wouldnt let me install the usb serial port from the folder, the error code is "setup can not copy ftserui2.dll"

crowcell
LCD?

Post by crowcell »

i uninstall the both device in the device manager, clean out the regsitry ( i can only find the FTIBUS one though), point the driver location to the new folder when prompted, still wouldnt work

crowcell
LCD?

Post by crowcell »

just tried 1.1, and it's the same result

Muzzlehatch
LCD?

Post by Muzzlehatch »

I have a driver problem too, but it's not exactly the same. Everything installed perfectly, and my MX2 works really well on my XP Pro machine. I used the latest drivers available here. I think I remember it was v. 10. The problem I have is that XP throws up a dialog (randomly) which tells me that
"the USB device " is not recognized. This is not true because the MX2 works perfectly. Still, it's annoying to have that bubble pop up every few minutes and I'd like some way to turn it off.

Any suggestions?

Narayan
LCD?

DLL going missing???

Post by Narayan »

i had the same problem as every one else trying 2 install all the drivers, i managed 2 get that working. the lcd is working perfectly, very pleased. but every time i reboot my computer... just after the bios, windows does not boot up as HAL.DLL keeps going missing. this has only been happening since i installed the LCD. i have formatted and reinstalled window but every time i reboot it happens again. am i doing some thing stupid that i cant see?

Narayan

Miles
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Miles »

Are you using the drivers from the eCD or the forum...?
Miles Y.
Product Manager
Matrix Orbital