Squares, New MX212 - No luck!

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

SiCo
LCD?

Squares, New MX212 - No luck!

Post by SiCo »

Right it has taken ages so far to get this working at all on Win XP, finally after reading a few things the USB serial driver is on, and LCDC runs, but I can't get it to communicate properly, if I try to send text to it, i.e. the LCDC!! demo text I get one square box on the screen then again and I get another.

Do I have to set the USB serial driver to any specific settings, both that and LCDC are on the same baud rate.

I never thought it would be so hard!! (Firstly the company I bought it off sent me the wrong model too!!).

Miles
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Miles »

Hello...

In the manual under section 1.7 there is a manual override you might want to try and preform..

1. Unplug the USB from the host system.
2. Put a jumper on pins 6 and 7 of the keypad connector. If unsure, pin 1 is labelled as C1.
3. Power the unit back on by plugging it into the host system with the jumper still on.
4. Now try communicating at 19200 baud.

Let me know how you make out...
Miles Y.
Head of Technical Support
Product Manager
Matrix Orbital

SiCo
LCD?

Post by SiCo »

Thanks I have tried that once already and have tried it again but it still displays boxes (i.e. one letter panel filled white).

My serial driver settings are:
Bits Per Second: 19200
Data Bits: 8
Parity: None
Stop Bits: 1
Flow Control: None

Also use FIFO buffers are on and high (changing them and turning them off seems to have noe ffect).

Com: 5

Is something wrong here, these I believe are the defaults as it is installed, I have had a fiddle but nothing changed.

As for LCDC it is set to 19200, Com 5, with MX2xx series as the profile.

Thanks

DrBob147
LCD Geek

Post by DrBob147 »

I was having the same problem but finally, after fiddling around with the config screen, got it to work by setting the baud rate to 1200. Miles or Henry, could you let me know if this is OK?...19200 may work on some systems but not on WinXP, reguardless what the rate is set at the COM port.

SiCo
LCD?

Post by SiCo »

Just to let you know the screen I had was apparently in some way corrupt, MO sent me a new one through the retailer I bought it off and it works perfectly now.

All I need is to find sometime to fully utilise it!

Cheers for all the help throughout though.

And I can't see why the baud would be a problem if it works!

Miles
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Miles »

I was having the same problem but finally, after fiddling around with the config screen, got it to work by setting the baud rate to 1200. Miles or Henry, could you let me know if this is OK?...19200 may work on some systems but not on WinXP, reguardless what the rate is set at the COM port.
In the manual under section 1.7 there is a manual override you might want to try and preform..

1. Unplug the USB from the host system.
2. Put a jumper on pins 6 and 7 of the keypad connector. If unsure, pin 1 is labelled as C1.
3. Power the unit back on by plugging it into the host system with the jumper still on.
4. Now try communicating at 19200 baud.

Let me know if this works...
Miles Y.
Head of Technical Support
Product Manager
Matrix Orbital