Planning stages of building my first keypad.

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

W@DE
LCD?

Planning stages of building my first keypad.

Post by W@DE »

Well as the header says I am now in the midst of going out and buying the pieces for a keypad. From what I read in other peoples posts I already know that I will need some momentary switches but what do you suggest I use to connect the LCD board to the switches? I honestly have no idea... :-? and are there any detailed guides for dummies on building various keypads ex. momentary keypads and rotary

Atarien
JackyPC
JackyPC

Post by Atarien »

you may read my complete "external lcd how to" (in french) http://www.jackypc.com/index2.php3?rub=articles&num=146

W@DE
LCD?

Post by W@DE »

Great thanks for the quick reply, I'm english but can read a bit of french ill give it a look over, 1 question though what is that piece you soldered the wires from the buttons to? looks like a little piece of circut board or something.. could you clarify

Pheonix
LCD Guru

Post by Pheonix »

Looks like some stripboard nd a PCB connector to me, you can get them from farnell, maplins, RS Components, Radioshack...ETC

Atarien
JackyPC
JackyPC

Post by Atarien »

the connector on the lcd are the same as the one for reset/power switch of a case...but the one i used have to be soldered on a circuit board..

Gump06
LCD?

Post by Gump06 »

You can use google to roughly translate the text into English. pretty helpful

http://translate.google.com/translate?s ... 6num%3D146

W@DE
LCD?

Post by W@DE »

:lol: wow that's some funny translation, I always get a kick out of how those software translations mess up some of the meanings of sentences but it did help though thank you