Temperature probes ?

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

jackal2513
LCD?

Temperature probes ?

Post by jackal2513 »

Hi there,

is it possible to use external temperature probes with the matrix orbital ?

regards

Richard

jackal2513
LCD?

Post by jackal2513 »

sorry.... forget that post, seems i posted something very similar to that before.... what i woudl like to know is if the new MO's have been released yet that allow useage of external dallas temperature probes...

if these are being released imminetly and the upgrade is not retro-fitable then i may as well cancel my current MO order ...

looking at the innovatek unit i really need that type of functionality becuase i am trying to create an almost totally fanless computer.

regards

Rich

Miles
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Miles »

stay tuned.................. :D :D
Miles Y.
Head of Technical Support
Product Manager
Matrix Orbital

jackal2513
LCD?

Post by jackal2513 »

hi miles, did you get my email ?

I would appreciate some sort of guide as to when and if this new functionality will be available ?

My order is due to be shipped this week and to be honest I don't wish to waste over

Miles
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Miles »

Did you receive my email yesterday?...Hopefully it answered all your questions...!!!
Miles Y.
Product Manager
Matrix Orbital

{ISV-K}SVX
LCD!

Post by {ISV-K}SVX »

Hit me up too!! I have the MX212 and would love to know how to mod it so I can monitor temps using probs and control my fans. I like the Innovatek features, but WOW $179US and it does not have the cool blue lcd that my Matrix has! I don't want to have to shell out for another LCD anyway. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
{ISV-K}SVX
www.isv-knights.org
"I'm on Fire!"

{ISV-K}SVX
LCD!

Post by {ISV-K}SVX »

Anyone got any ideas?
{ISV-K}SVX
www.isv-knights.org
"I'm on Fire!"

Miles
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Miles »

you can reach me at myero@matrixorbital.com ....................hopefully i can answer your questions!!
Miles Y.
Product Manager
Matrix Orbital

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

This is currently the only way of connection external temp probes ATM.

http://thermogamer.vortex.idz.net
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

relix
Uber Slave
Uber Slave

Post by relix »

link deeeaaaad
...whatever, as if I care...

{ISV-K}SVX
LCD!

Post by {ISV-K}SVX »

I sent 2 emails the other day. I will resend them.

Link is dead btw.
{ISV-K}SVX
www.isv-knights.org
"I'm on Fire!"

{ISV-K}SVX
LCD!

Post by {ISV-K}SVX »

I think the guys ISP changed:

new url: http://vortex.shacknet.nu/thermogamer/

My only problem with that is that it needs a game port which I do not have. I use an Abit NF7-S motherboard using the Nvidia Soundstorm audio (no game port).

My purpose here is to tie it into the MO212 using existing techniques or some sort of control mod/addon for the MO. I.E. do something like Innovatek has done. If it can be done, great. Otherwise, I may have to buy the fan-o-matic.
{ISV-K}SVX
www.isv-knights.org
"I'm on Fire!"

jackal2513
LCD?

Post by jackal2513 »

hmm...

i bought 4 thermistors and tried that over the weekend

basically, they are the correct 100k thermistors and my wiring is 100% .. but 2 of them will not calibrate no matter how many times i try it

and the other 2, well... i got them what i thought was pretty accurate after repeated attempts but then when i put one of them into my reservoir to monitor my water temp. it was wavering on every reading, oscillating sometimes by as much as 2-3 degrees !? whereas my 2 other probes i had in the water (a fish tank probe and a straight dallas probe) were both dead on 25.1 all the time. I dont undertand why these thermistors jump about so much ? Even if my calibration is a bit off it doenst matter really becuase if you look at the raw data they send its always jumping about all over the place. Water is just one temperatire and thats it ... it doesnt change every split second.. especially when my PC is idling. In fact it barely changes by 0.1 degree unless i let some cooler air into the room that then get sucked into my watercooling radiators.

Anyone had more success than me at this thermistor business ?

It would be great to get reliable readings because I would simply love to get MBM readouts of water temp, ambient temp and case temp and then get graphs and history plots of these from MBMlog.

?

regards

Rich

{ISV-K}SVX
LCD!

Post by {ISV-K}SVX »

This thread is going nowhere and my questions have yet to be answered. I have sent emails and have made several requests. I don't care about other solutions. Please simply answer this question:

Will the MO MX212 support thermal probes and/or fan controls via an upgrade in the future, etc?

The more I wait here for a strait answer the more appealing the Innovatek appears.
{ISV-K}SVX
www.isv-knights.org
"I'm on Fire!"

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

The current version of the MX2 does 3 12V fans on or off and has no temp probe capability. In the next week or two there will be a new version of the MX2 released with 3 fan headrs that will control the fans and be able to slow them down, as well as report RPM sensing. You will be able to add on DS1620 temp probes as well, there will be 4 headers on the display for those as well. The current version will not be able to be upgraded to the new version.
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital