Using EVE2 display with Mbed OS

FTDI/Bridgetek EVE2 & EVE3 & EVE4 SPI TFT Series by Matrix Orbital

Moderator: Mods

Tuomas
LCD?

Using EVE2 display with Mbed OS

Post by Tuomas »

Hello!

Has anyone used EVE2 TFT's with Mbed Os? I have EVE2-70A-TPN display which I'm trying to use with STM32 NUCLEO-H7432ZI2 board and Mbed OS. I'm trying to use the EVE2-Library, but I'm having hard time understanding how I should use the library with Mbed OS.

If I've understood it right, I should provide the functions defined in hw_api.h and place them in a hw_api.c file. However, I don't know how to use the mbed library functions inside hw_api.c. I haven't been able to compile my code. I have problems figuring out which file should be #included where.

If there is anyone out there who has done this or has experience with both mbed and EVE2-Library, I'd appreciate any help.

Best regards,
Tuomas

Raquel
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Re: Using EVE2 display with Mbed OS

Post by Raquel »

Hello Tuomas,

Thank you for posting on the forum.

We have not had experience with Mbed OS, unfortuantely.
But please do check our EVE sample for the STM32-Nucleo-F104RE, hopefully it can give you some guidance:
https://github.com/MatrixOrbital/Basic-EVE-Demo-STM32

Best Regards,
Raquel
Raquel Malinis
Design and Development
Matrix Orbital

srsyed2
LCD?

Re: Using EVE2 display with Mbed OS

Post by srsyed2 »

Hi, I was trying to work on the EVE2 (RTE) with STM324F29 on mbed platform. I managed to get the screen to work. I can display text and figures on the screen but I have not managed to attain the touch function. Did you manage to do it? Please let me know.