hally faceplates now available from 2 rivals - MO when are y

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

psykik
LCD!

Post by psykik »

ok so far I can find hally faceplates for an LCD to match my coolermaster 210, from 2 rival companies, a fancy fontz place and some place in the far east ( Not mentioning namez coz it might be against the rulez). The best lookin faceplate's gotta be the far eastern one, I think Korea - its a real beaut! Someone emailed me yesterday to join em for a block order, so I have 2 questions for you before I pull the trigger!

1)can you tell me how long before you will have yours out? This will basically make my purchase decision for me.

2)Also when are your fancy redesigned two bay PC Drive Bay Insert, LCD with Keypad Interface comin out?

Thanks

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: psykik on 2002-07-05 06:15 ]</font>

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

1)can you tell me how long before you will have yours out? This will basically make my purchase decision for me.
Unknown date... sorry.
2)Also when are your fancy redesigned two bay PC Drive Bay Insert, LCD with Keypad Interface comin out?
The design has been shipped off, now we are just waiting for them to come back.. 6-8 weeks usualy, but I will keep you informed as how it's going...
Thanks
[/quote]
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

On 2002-07-05 06:13, psykik wrote:
ok so far I can find hally faceplates for an LCD to match my coolermaster 210, from 2 rival companies, a fancy fontz place and some place in the far east ( Not mentioning namez coz it might be against the rulez). The best lookin faceplate's gotta be the far eastern one, I think Korea - its a real beaut!
The first competitor you mentioned has plastic that looks like aluminum and the second guy... carefull what you buy and how it will be supported by them and software...

So if/when we do them, we will do them right.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Henry on 2002-07-05 08:31 ]</font>

GreatOldOne
LCD Geek

Post by GreatOldOne »

Why not make your own - I did!

http://www.lcdforums.com/forums/viewtop ... &forum=9&6
http://www.bit-tech.net/article/89/

Lot more fun than just buying something, and you can guarentee that the aluminum matches your case, as you can get different shades / brushing pattern etc etc.

Go on - have a go! :smile:

psykik
LCD!

Post by psykik »

Henry for sure when you make em, you'll do em right, but we kinda need em off the shelf like now! You sure you dont have an eta for us? That korean place is risky but at least theyve got the best hally one out so far.

Asphix
LCD!

Post by Asphix »

Uhmm.. call me ignorant.. but whats a hally? Also, Henry, the last post on this was about 4 weeks ago.. if you have time and feel like it (i know your probably asked this all the time) could you just give a quick update on how those 5 1/4 inserts are coming along that have integrated keypads?

Also, just want to point out that of course its a lot more satisfying to make your own keypad and of course we all wish we could do that. But some of us arent as experienced/confident or simply capable. I dont have the tools to properly accomplish what it is i would like done.. and have it look decent. And dont say i didnt try.. because I did.. and i have 2 bay insert covers that are good for nothing :smile:

Baby steps.. take things one step at a time. Im new to the whole case modding scene and while i do enjoy modding my case, I also enjoy having a case that looks good and professionally done. If At this point in time I cant accomplish on my own what I want done, I look elsewhere for what I want while I work up to the skill level required for what I want.

So anyway, im just explaining, its not as easy as just goin off and doin it for some of us :smile: I used to be real big into the import car scene and would mod the hell out of my car. Redo the interior, mess with the engine.. car audio... wireing neons inside the car... and then one day i messed up ruined my passenger side door... cost me 80 bucks to get a replacement part.. After spending close to 2000 dollars ont his new computer the last thing i want is for anything more than the 2 drive bay covers I have to go sour!

Oh yeah.. back on topic though.. if you have the time and dont mind, henry, an update would be most appreciated..

And even though there are impatient ppl out there we do understand that you guys do an aweful lot for us end users out here and we do appreciate it. keep up the good work!

linear
evil Dr. linear
evil Dr. linear

Post by linear »

Hally is brit slang for aluminum, mate. (just kidding about the mate part, I'm from the US).

Come and see us at BiT-Tech, we can get you more into case modding and LCDs than you ever thought possible.

Asphix
LCD!

Post by Asphix »

I visit bit-tech on a regular basis :smile: you guys are great and work on some awesome projects... just never heard the word hally thrown around though :smile:

linear
evil Dr. linear
evil Dr. linear

Post by linear »

I understand it's a catchphrase on certain other sites in UKania, much like we have NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!!! and BLOOO.

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

LOL.... you british people speak funny and say funny things, like Petrol... <---- LOL

:grin:
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

GreatOldOne
LCD Geek

Post by GreatOldOne »

What's wrong with petrol? It's better than Gas! Gas isn't Gaseous!! :smile:

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »