GX Typhoon won't turn blue!

GX and Typhoon hardware, this includes, displays, cables and accessory cards.

Moderator: Mods

White_Worm
LCD?

GX Typhoon won't turn blue!

Post by White_Worm »

So I've had my GX Typhoon for a while now and I just built a new PC. My old rig was red & black while my new one is blue & white. So I thought, "no problem, I can switch the colors on the GX because its a great product!".

Well I installed it on my new system with minimal hassle. Got LCD studio working and flashed the panel to the latest firmware. Problem is, now it won't turn blue (or white) and it doesn't fit with my system.

When I first installed it I used the GX Defaults program and used the backlight slider to make it 100% blue. Looked great. Then I updated to the latest firmware. Then it would flicker and stop displaying. I noticed that the LCD display was still on, just not with a backlight.

Can anyone help with this? The blue slider does nothing for the backlight at all so I can't make it fit with my system. I'd hate to have to throw it away because of that.

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hi White Worm,

Could you please provide the serial number of that unit; it'll be on the back in black ink on a clear sticker in the form ##M##-####.

Thanks,
Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital

White_Worm
LCD?

Post by White_Worm »

Clark wrote:Hi White Worm,

Could you please provide the serial number of that unit; it'll be on the back in black ink on a clear sticker in the form ##M##-####.

Thanks,
Troy
I can, but you'll have to give me a few days. Removing bay devices from this case is difficult. I'll post it here when I get a chance.

Thanks.