2041 LCD ( Freezing)

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

SlotSlut
LCD?

Post by SlotSlut »

Let me first start and say that I don't know for sure yet what my problem is with the LCD. I have a hard time describing it as well. So what is the problem then???? The screen will pick one character and do a wave thing across the screen until the application is restarted. After it was been restarted it will be fine for a while then start the process over again. This is happeneing on multiple displays. Out of a batch of 25 I think we had 6 come up with this problem. The hardware configuratrion on all the machines is the same and there for is pulled of a ghosted image. Any help in regrards to this issue is GREATLY appreciated.

Thlayli
LCD Geek

Post by Thlayli »

Is it possible that the program is having issues and not the LCD? Have you tried using a different program to control the LCD? I myself have a 2041 and have not had a problem like that yet, although I am trying to see if I can get what you are describing to happen.... no luck so far

SlotSlut
LCD?

Post by SlotSlut »

I have tried copying the software from a machine that does not display any of the issues I described without any success. This did work on a situation that was similiar but not identical.

Miles
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Miles »

I've never encountered a problem quite like you've suggested, but I was wondering if you could check for me when the unit is plugged in, for heat on the PIC1663A. Thanks!

------------------------
Miles Y.
Testing / Production
Matrix Orbital

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Miles on 2002-03-11 17:44 ]</font>

Miles
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Miles »

Also, have you tried running alphademo? You can download it from our website under the Download section or off the CD you got with the display (located under /download. Run the clock for an extended period of time and see what happens, if the problem doesn't appear it could be a software issue.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Miles on 2002-03-11 17:43 ]</font>