LCD/VFD Display Project

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

BPP
LCD!

Post by BPP »

Hey everyone! I tried the C**********z forum, but nobody seems knowledgeable or willing to help. Here is my problem:

I would like to have an LCD screen (inserted in a vacant 5 1/4 bay) that will display various things like CPU usage, temp, and other system things. I would also like to control other things like other case fans and lighting mods and be able to toggle it off and on through the use of push buttons either next to the LCD display or somewhere else.

A good example of what I am talking about is at this site http://www.veys.com/nick/custom_electro ... dex2.shtml

Does anyone have any input on how I can accomplish this, if it is even possible? I don't really want to buy a pre fabricated unit because I would like to customize the look with all of the available options from Matrix Orbital.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

PatB
LCD Geek

Post by PatB »

The lk204-25PC would be your choice...

It will take 2 bays. Add an add-on keyboard found here and you would be ready to go fast!... It looks like a wonderful LCD, but it is prefabricated...

See it here

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PatB on 2002-03-05 11:18 ]</font>

BPP
LCD!

Post by BPP »

Thanks for the quick response.

That looks like it will do the trick. Now my next question is: is there something like that in a VFD or Graphical Display that will do everything that I want it to?

Thanks again!

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

The -PC will do that for the most part, if you use LCDC you can set up just about everything under events... The only thing the -PC will not do is RPM and variable voltage on the GPOs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Henry on 2002-03-05 12:00 ]</font>

BPP
LCD!

Post by BPP »

Sorry if I sound stupid, I am pretty new to all of this.

What is -PC and LCDC? I assume that they are software applications for driving the display screen?

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

-PC = LK204-25-PC, it's just faster to day PC... and LCDC is fantastic software
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital