GLK12232-25SM

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

Jeroen Vonk
LCD Guru

GLK12232-25SM

Post by Jeroen Vonk »

Hi,

I have a GLK12232-25SM which works great except for one little thing. When I download an image to the display all works well, I can download the image as many times as I like to the same position. But when I select another index sometimes the module doesn't return the correct low size and after that it just doesn't respond anymore. (I have to remove power before I can use the display again) This happens not only with a new routine I wrote, but also with mogd. Does anybody know what I can do about it?

Regards,
Jeroen

Miles
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Miles »

Hi Jeroen,

I will look into it and let you know ASAP...
Miles Y.
Head of Technical Support
Product Manager
Matrix Orbital

Jeroen Vonk
LCD Guru

Post by Jeroen Vonk »

Hi Miles,

Thanx for your answer, but I think I figured it out.

The module needs quite some time (memory management I assume?) before it can continue. I tried a bitmap (122x32 pixels) at position 1 to 9, then tried to upload a bitmap to position 7, that caused me to wait about 80 seconds. So I just had to wait a "little" longer :lol: (after that, it continued like it' should) Didn't try mogd, but I expect same results....

Regards,
Jeroen Vonk

Miles
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Miles »

Your absolutley correct. This is due to the time needed to perform the necessary memory management routines. This is something we are looking into improving on our next generation of graphic displays!! :D
Miles Y.
Product Manager
Matrix Orbital

Jeroen Vonk
LCD Guru

Post by Jeroen Vonk »

I tried mogd, and it gave an error after about a minute or so. Maximum time I had to wait for the module to complete memory management was about 2 minutes. (so just wipe the file system and it's ok :D )

Will the new modules have more functionality compared to the current modules? Or is that still a secret? :)

Regards,
Jeroen

Miles
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Miles »

Let's just say that functionality will be greatly improved upon!!!! :D I will give more details as they are released!!
Miles Y.
Product Manager
Matrix Orbital

jannopark
LCD?

Post by jannopark »

Hello... I recently purchased a GLK12232-SM (ver1.4) but having some trouble communicating with the LCD. When it is first powered, the default screen
displays ("Graphics in any direction") with the blacklight. So far so good.
Using the serial -4BR cable, I tried 'mogd' to clear the screen...nothing. Tried sending text to the LCD...nothing...so I tried using LCDC and it wasn't able to detect it from any com port. The next thing I tried was hyperterminal (as described in the manual). It didn't really mention whether it used hardware or software flow control, or if it has a parity bit etc... but i tried all kinds of combinations and nothing changed on the LCD. Reading from various threads in this forum, it appears this LCD has many issues. Is this a common one? Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Tom
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Tom »

Hi jannopark,

Thank you for posting at the forums.

With mogd, did you set up the correct com port and baud rate?

All the flow control used in our displays is software. You won't be able to do any commands with hyperterminal. You will only be able to send text with a terminal program. This particular model had little bugs in the past, but they were ironed in the most recent model. This communication error was never a common problem though.

jannopark
LCD?

Post by jannopark »

hello,

The baudrate was set to 19200 using com1.

In fact yesterday, I was able to talk to it on another machine after probing the RS-232 tx and rx lines using an oscilloscope for quite some time. I didn't understand why it worked suddenly because I did not do anything different setting wise. So i unpowered, disconnected the serial cable etc to repeat the process, and it worked. Tried this 2 more times to make sure I'm not dreaming. But today I tried talking to it with the same machine using the same settings etc...untouched...and I am not able to establish a connection. It did the same thing it did the first time (default screen etc). I checked the continuity of the serial cable to check for any loose connections, but that is not the case... I'm confused and lost... I have no idea what to do now.

Tom
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Tom »

Hi jannopark,

This is a strange problem. Can you try testing out the unit on another com port. I am thinking maybe there is something wrong with the com port. I was thinking it could be a loose wire, but you are certain it isn't the cable?